What Carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saweetlou

Reaction score
Will a Warrior carb fit on my Wolvie they are both 99s, or possibly from some other bike. It seems to me that the diaphram in the Wolvie carb is the reason why there are so many problems with these bikes.

I have been looking for sometime trying to find a answer to that. Not to long ago Somewhere i read a thread about a guy doing a warrior carb swap and it worked out great. I just wonder what all is involved with getting it to run the correct way. I wish i could find the damn post !!

Well I looked it up on yamaha micro fiche and compared the two, the warrior carb looks like it mounts to the engine with 2 bolts which the Wolvie does not. They are completely different carbs, if there is a way to make it work I would love to know how. i dont know about you guys but it seems like any Wolverine parts are double the price of any other model that Ive found.

warrior carb

I have successfully put a warrior carb on a wolvy. You need the single throttle cable model warrior carb (there were a few years where they used a dual cable setup) and you need the warrior intake boot (between carb and engine). The warrior boot hooks right up to the wolvy engine and you attach the warrior carb to the boot with the two bolts. You can even use the wolvy stock airbox with the warrior carb. I used the wolvy throttle cable as well, although, I did have to screw both adjusters in as far as they could go. Wolvy ran pretty good with the warrior carb.

I am running a Z400 suzuki carb on my wolverine. Stock throttle cable and intake boot. Intake boot I heated with the heatgun to get it to stretch over the larger carb bell but once I got my clamp tight it hasnt been a problem. You will also need a manual style choke plunger, and will have to grind the tab off the float bowl. Throttle response is deffently better and seems to have more power in the mid-topend range with no loss in low range torque. Deffenly worth the time and effort. From what Ive read you can also look into getting a raptor 350 carb, which is basically the same as the z400 carb.

the warrior carb swap is pretty simple with the parts that were listed. i also had to adjust my cable in as far as it would go. response was better and the mid range power was definatel an increase. my need to be jetted to get the main a lil leaner. mine as a little to rich at wot in low rpm

Hey 2000wolvy what size jets are you running on your bike? I'm just looking into doing this to my wifes bike. Thanks John.

Well what year warrior carb should i look for, does the throttle cable have to be changed.

carb

Make sure it is a warrior carb model that uses a single throttle cable. There were some years where Yamaha used a dual cable set up. As stated above, you can use the wolvy throttle cable but you will have to set the cable adjuster at the throttle housing on the handle bars as far in as it will go and you need to do the same with the adjuster down by the carb.

Back