What are the Wolvy competitors?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coblue

Reaction score
I was going to get a sport atv, but based on input from friends i'm heading to the sportiest 4wd so I think I want a Wolvy, probably a 350 to keep the cost and weight low, with a Warn 4-2-4. What are the 4wd models from the other manufacturers that are closest to the wolvy in sportiness and price range?
TIA!

The only 2 I know of is the Polaris Scrambler & Can-Am Renagade. The Scrambler is higher priced than the Wolverine since it's a 500 & has a Shaft drive front & Chain drive rear. The Renagade is about $12,000. In one of the atv mags that did a shootout on the 3 said that the Wolverine was the slowest of the 3, but had the best handling.

My local dealer has a 500 Renegade for $6500 in the box. I know guys who have renegades and don't really care for them. Good for open dirt roads but sucks for tight trails. Scramblers are reasonably priced but won't keep for more than a few years it will eventually leave you stranded. I went with the wolverine for the reliablity and strength. I have beat the snot out of mine rolled it drowned it and it just keeps going. My local yami dealer are selling left over 2008 for $4300 so compared scrambler $5600 Renegades carry the best warranty. Hope this helps

Wolvy 4x4 only comes in 450. 350s are 2x4.
In my research I saw 1995-2005 that are 4x4 only (thus the Warn 4-2-4 mod) and then 2006+ are 4x4/selectable 2x4. When did they make a 350 2x4 only?

Everyone, thanks for all the help. The Renegade 500 didn't come out til 2008 so that will be beyond my budget. Seems like the Wolvy shaft drive would be better than the Scrambler rear chain for both maintenance and ground clearance. Dollar for dollar/ year for year it sounds like Wolvy beats the Scrambler.

I don't know about older ones. I thought you were talking about buying a new one actually.

I dont think anything compares to an older wolverine. (i dont know much bout the newer ones) Im on my 2nd wolvey. you can plow snow haul firewood all day, than drop the plow and race sport quads through the woods all night. they are a blast!! worth every penny.

I'm assuming, always have, that the only difference other than looks between the newest Wolverines versus the older ones is the availability of 4x4 with specific engine sizes. Maybe totally wrong, but I assume they are practically the same if configured the same (i.e., engine size and drivetrain config).

"Not" the new ones are taken from the kodiaks nothing like the old ones at all.They really should have kept the 350 with a manual tranny.also the only diff between the new 350 and 450 is 4 wheel drive. If the 350 were manual it would be my back up ride.

The older ones are COMPLETELY differant than the new ones. The new ones are just the 450 SRA Kodiaks with new sportier plastics. The olde ones are 350cc, semi-auto, and full-time 4wd.

Latest posts

Back