what are the interchange CDI years?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WV98YFM350

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a 97 with no fire and wondering If I can interchange electrical from my 98?

Just bought for 600 with brand new rears and already bored pretty sure its CDI or Ignition coil...and I got a spare coil
knock on wood

97 yamaha warrior 350 bored out, has very very new rear tires, new rear pipe, new carrier bearings, very tight bike, was a complete screamer, has no fire right now, not sure why, unloaded and it had no fire, also needs start button but can still be started, i have never owned a Yamaha that didn't give me countless problems! I'm done with them! Trade for anything Honda 250 or , and maybe kawasaki or suzuki, NO YAMAHAS call or text

Attachments

• New warrior.jpg
    New warrior.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 14
I need to see the diagrams again. There are a couple of wires that can be either eliminated, or spliced together. 1st gens don't have a P/brake switch, so that wire doesn't need to be connected. Have to see how the pickup coils work out. 1st gen has 2, second gen has one...

I don't get it? What would be the advantage to running the newer style CDI?? Just the cost, and availability. Or is there actually any performance advantage?

I just want to see if it will work. That way when your cdi craps out, you wont have to struggle to find one, or pay a huge price from Yamaha. 97-01 CDIs are easy and cheap to find.

Back