What a waste

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warlord

Reaction score
Well today I took one of my mudites off the rim to clean the bead and hopefully get the stupid thing to hold air. What do you know, I couldn't seat the bead on one side. I decided to try the starting fluid and match trick. The first few tries yeilded some hissing and some smoke but my final try made such an unbelievably loud bang that I thought the taliban had shelled my house. It startled me so badly that I fell onto my porch steps and scraped myself up good. At first glance it seemed to have worked but when I turned the tire over I saw that it had blasted the seated side clean off the rim! Anyways the tire is effed and there is a strange ring shaped goove in my lawn. I am pissed cause it was practically brand new and now I am out 100 bucks for a new one. Moral of the story; always take your tires in to a professional before you go fiddling with explosives. :eek:

LOL. I don't know how you did that. I use the ether trick every time I seat a tire and don't have any problems. Did you take the core out of the valve stem before you did it??? Sucks you toasted a tire though......

That sucks, but I wish I would have been there to witness it. Sounds entertaining.

Holy **** dude i was dieing when i read that u said the taliban were bombing ur house... god damn. lmao
ANyway that sucks big time time to go get some new tires ::D

i work at an oil changeing place and we mount tires.....so i dont have to pay 20 bucks a tire at a dealer :)

I never have any probs putting mine on it helps to have two people some time another good trick is to get a ratchet tie down put it around your tire centered up ratchet it down so it pushes the side's out then try to air it up using more or less tension on the ratchet strap untill you get it to hold air!!!!

Dude that post was funny as hell because im pretty sure you were being totally honest. lol, ****. Bad deal about the tire though.

I had the core out and I did try the ratchet strap but this tire was stubborn as hell. The tire is all stretched and there are a bunch of little wires sticking out around the bead.

;D man i know exactly where your coming from
a friend of my bought an old 4x4 ford truck that we built into a mud truck
we got a good deal on a set of 40s but no one around could mount them for us so we improvised ;)
3 cans of eather, lots of air and 4.5 hours later we got all four of them mounted and on the truck

Back