Wet out

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurdtus

Reaction score
Just picked up an 07. Sssooooooooo after I bought it I heard about the clutch housing likes to take a drink of water in anything over your knees. By reading around it sounds like the Wolverine has a problem with water flowing in to the damn thing and the belt slipping. I heard it was the plug not sealing right. I dont need to be stuck in the sticks 30 miles from the truck, having to be towed out cause I didnt waterproof the thing. When the mods are done and that thing rolls out of the dealership I want to Mud and Swim with it. Any ideas on how to waterproof the thing other than the obvious snorkel?

as far as getting water in the clutch housing, It didnt happen to me until I stalled out in water over the seat, I have made a lot of crossings up to the handlebars but never had a problem with slipping at all until then. The best thing to do is to reroute the carb vent tube though as they tend to suck up a little dirt and mud if you do a lot of creek riding and then the carb stalls the quad out so that you cant rev it up.
Other than that you just need to take and snorkel it really good.

Also you could pull the clutch housing and smear some grey silicone around the gasket to double insure yourself.

Same thing here. The only time I ever have filled the belt housing with water is when it sits or stalls when the case is underwater. I go though some deep water at times and dont have a problem

i have never stalled mine in water....but i have taken water in the belt drive.... it comes in the front intake.....if you take of the front plastic and look you will see it looks like a large mouth just waiting to take a drink of water......i snorkled mine and have no problems since....and if you do take in water in the belt drive it is such an easy fix by pulling the plug run it up the road for a few miniutes and put the plug back in,belt will be dry and good to go....with that being said you do not want to keep doing this as you will end up with lots of crap in the clutch and belt drive causing the clutch not to engage proper and you will have to clean and regrease it all......here are a few pictures..not very good ones but you get the idea.

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00062.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

So it's that easy. Man I need to pull my plastic and see whats under there. That is just the for the belt intake right. What about the Air Intake

Back