went for a "short" ride this weekend

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbaby

Reaction score
I only rode for maybe an hour then busted my rod end, and that ended my day of fun :'(

100_7873.jpg

100_7889.jpg

this is her sad face..
100_7890.jpg

100_7901.jpg

100_7902.jpg

100_7904.jpg

Thats most likely why your rod end snapped. Id go back to stock shocks if i were you. Your not gaining much and adding a shitload of unneccesary stress to the front of that thing.

Contrary to popular opinion i dont think the stock shocks are all that bad to be honest. If you know how to land they are actually pretty good.

but I got these from ebay for $145 because the guy that had cut the spring instead of buying a lowering kit and nobody bid, but they fit fine when the front is jacked up and allowed to fully extend they are loose and don't stress the ball joints.

but for woods riding the ride is 500% better than stock still even after taking an inch out of the travel. and when I get time I'm going to cut the mount like warriorcliff did.

sure its kinda ghetto but thats what you get when your balln and a budget ;)

I think it's more of the flipped wheels that did it because that changes the leverage from the wheel to the tie rod.

yup i had a tie rod snap the same way this summer. I also think it is becuase of my flipped wheels adding extra leverage.

and it might have been that the tie rod was 9 years old and it was just its time, Im getting a pair in today and if it breaks, then it time for plan B

Hmm liked the pics especially the one with the guy jumping the blaster with no helmet and shorts... :) I'm sorry it's the old age in me coming out... :)

Hmm liked the pics especially the one with the guy jumping the blaster with no helmet and shorts... :) I'm sorry it's the old age in me coming out... :)

Ya, I agree. Just gives our sport a bad name.

well my friend dustin isn't one to be reasoned with. he is also one of those guys that doesn't "believe" in seat belts either.

I did harass hem into buying a helmet, but now he just doesn't use it.

I guess it's the Darwin theory in motion

Nice pic's and i dont see how anyone could say that the yfz shocks are not no better than the warrior shocks man thats like someone with a stock blaster being offered to trade there stock shocks for some Elkas and being like naaaa.. lol and i bet that freakin bigbear landed like a ******* cow didnt it my unk has on 1 foot jumps feel like freakin 9 footers...

And oooh yea id say the rod broke just from being old too!!! im sure you done beat the hell outta it they **** like that doesnt last forever..I dont really see how shocks could ever be a cause of tie rods breaking but flipped rims i can.. and nice warrior by tha way!!!

Thanks, I got a stock replacment tie rod and if that one breaks then ill do something more drastic.

here are some pics from this weekends ride at highland park

DSC022201024x768.jpg

DSC022171024x768.jpg

DSC022051024x768.jpg

DSC022061024x768.jpg

DSC022071024x768.jpg

Wow O_O you get dirty , down here in San Diego its more about desert then wood trails.

DSW... the stock shocks suck my nutts IMO. Until you try some works or even banshees you'll be amazed how hard the stock ones are and they still don't handle the jumps as well.
Flipped wheels will add stress to the tie rods.

Wow O_O you get dirty , down here in San Diego its more about desert then wood trails.

yep thats why its called the dirty south :)

if its one thing there is alot of it's red mud. most people have the 4x4 atvs and just play in the mud, but the warrior isn't a very good mud bike :)

lowbaby, where else you ride? I haven't made it to Highland Park yet (too mar from me), but have been to Broad River several times, Houston Valley once, and Locust Stake many many times (only fifteen minutes from my house :) )

I'd like to try Sunnyside sometime but haven't as of yet.

we ride sweetwater wma and what the locals call lucas rd, its a huge power lines that come directly from the power station, but now that is hunting season there are hunters on all that land and dont like quads so its down to highland and some random construction sites ;)

Back