Well, ****!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06yfm350

Reaction score
Well, this ******* sucks. Last night someone stole my best friends 1 month old 680 Honda Rincon right out of his back yard. Why the hell do people have to do this kind of **** to other people. I sure hope we find it and who did it. Well, just thought i would start a random rant about it.

But really, this kind of **** is getting out of hand all over north america.

Just a friendly reminder to ALWAYS lock up your quad. we live in a town of about 2000 people where everybody knows everybody.

That really sucks, Last year our neighbors at our house NY got there brand new foreman rubicon stolen. The house is up in the mountains and back in the woods quite a ways and someone still manage to find it and steal it.

dude that really sucks, i keep my quad out ide some times before i go riding i usually intend to make it quick and it sits there for like 2 hours some times but no one touches it (luckly) , and i lock it up in my dads shop with an alarm system so i'm safe (for now). ill pass this on to a freind of mine who keeps his piped, and jetted banshee out in his FRONT yard during the day what a dip.

I had mine stolen once.............
I never found out who did it. But the cops actually seen them riding down the road.
They didnt know it was stolen as of yet they were joy riding.
When the cops turned on the siren.
They headed for the first dirt trail they knew of. Which was beind a nursing home.
So they jotted across the field in the front of the N. home. To there suprise the copped followed them. Slamming over a dranage ditch about mid way threw. The criuser still went on to chase them. ( He was a brand new gung ho cop.........actually a good thing for a change)

They finally made it to the trail. WHich was blocked by a worn down 4 or 5 foot road block.
I guess they thought for a moment they were home free...........Until the criuser blasted over that also............it went for about 75 feet afterwards puking tranny fluid.............

So the cop proceeded on foot...........but couldnt hear the quad after about a minute he said.
He knew the area well............and the only way outta the woods on the other side he had a criuser on the way.

Welll I guess the kids got scared and bailed of it about a 100 yards away in the woods.........The cop actually found it and rode it back to the station.

I carshed about 11 that night it was still there. They got it back at 1:45 or so he said.

WHen I actually made the phone call to report it stolen...................our local police showed up around 3 hours later. Like the actually had anything to do here nedsides eat donuts and go parken with there GF's.

After he left I thought well it was pushed into the next township from yard............I'll call them to!

I was on the phoine for less thna a minute when they said Come over we got it................

I was thrilled. I dorve over turned doen a ramp to enter the station and it was sitting by there front door.

So the first thing I do is check it out. I knwo it had to have the dick pounded outta it.
The only thing hurt was the hot wires on the ignition and the plastic around it.

So I go in. Happy as could be. The officer calls me in a room. He was pissed! yeppp
At me...........I got the third degree .............where were you ...blah blah blah! They
thought it was me who bailed ,then reported it stolen.............which I guess ya cant blame them.
But I cleared that up in a flash with the reply............Hmmmmmmm I gotta key! Why would I rip if apart to start it.

So he let me go get it.......make sure it fit. And let me on my way.

I know its a long winded story...........but theres always a chance ya may get it back is my point.
Even though I know I'm one of the extremly lucky ones.

I lock up every tire on my quad now..........and always keep it in a locked shed.
Short of making it explode with out flicking a hidden switch on startup........
Not much else ya can do.

Anyone else read that story in dirt wheels about the thieves who knocked out a wall in a guys garage to steal his raptor? He eventually got it back, years later.

My brother in law had one stolen for like 3 years.

He got a call from a Yamaha dealer one day.
Come get your quad! The motor was in a box.
Blown and Disasembled. It cost him 500 bucks for storage to get it back.

The thieves or some poor sap who bought it from the thieves took it to the dealer to get it fixed.
He was selling it when it was stole..............he thinks the thieves checked it all out then.
Then came back for it.

The guy who brought the quad in wasnt one of the peeps that came looken at it at the time of sale.............. WHo knows.

It was trashed when he got it back.

we actually caught someone stealing my snowmobile once. Heard it start behind the cabin and jumped on numerous sleds to catch him. He rolled it about a half mile from our camp. He was taken to the hospital by the police that found him on the side of the road after we called them. Sled needed a new hood and a new ignition. I believe he was in a wheel chair for a few months but I swear we didnt touch him. Insert wicked evil laugh here!!!

Latest posts

Back