well today isnt my day now is it?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior87sambo

Reaction score
was out mowing our monstrous yard and look want happened -_- fml. i swear like i know scags are the best... but man ive had nothing but bad luck with this piece if ****.
null_zps6fcd7792.jpg
null_zps9ac2813b.jpg
null_zps10689fce.jpg

its a lemon. the weld on the bottom of the caster support cracked and i didnt notice it till after the fact. in my opinion exmark is the way to go. ive got a viking 60 inch w/b that i love and im picking up a lazer z 72inch today to replace this pos. this is actually the second scag ive had to replace. my 48 inch's transmission went out and the deck welds for the re-enforcement cracked. but at the same time my buddy who contracts with my company only runs scag and loves them. weird lol. still pissed i gotta go spend 14 grand on a new mower.

lol its fine. i got a big contract last week and i needed a bigger zero turn. this is a 52 inch and i got a 72 inch. this thing couldnt take mowing 4 miles of 20 foot wide shoulders. the new one can. plus the exmark will cut doing 14 mph. the top speed on the scag was like 4 lol

damn sure ain't built as tough as my deere 720 z-turn. those things are cast iron i beams on it and they're not made together... they slide about a foot inside the frame... only thing i've broke is 2 blades (******* arkansas rocks) ripped a hunk of rubber out of the front wheel and the crappy plastic grass shoot. i have almost 400 hours on it and just rebuilt the 60inch deck this year

oh i will be fixing this one dont get me wrong its just going to be a back up mower. yeah the john deer stuff is amazing. you wanna know how many hours are on the scag??? 3800. granted it had a new motor put on it last spring, but still. i put all new bearings in this thing two weeks ago lol. as of right now i have 13 lawns in my neighborhood (all are 10+acres of grass), the common area contract in my neighborhood, and 3 apartment complexes. so i gotta have a back up anyways. i really do like this lazer z though. the thing has suspension! lol the scag used to rattle my brains out :p. plus i really like the kubota diesel engines they put in the one i got and there is a dealer 10 minutes from me and since im friends with the owner, i got a discount. thats mainly why i went with the exmark.

Kubota engines are beast. I mow 150 acres twice a year with one.

Latest posts

Back