Weird burning smelling exhaust and won't move

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ripnlips

Reaction score
First and foremost I'd like to say hello, I am new to the board and have always loved wolverines. My name is bill im 25 years old from Ohio. I have an 06 wolverine 450.

So my problem is my bike was smoking and acting funny ( shut off by itself a couple of times )

I decided to change the oil and oil filter. Pulled it up on flat ground, realized it was smoking a lot stil and the exhaust smelled really weird like something odd burning. I turned it off . Turned it bak on and it wouldn't move in gear. The engine bogged down when I tried to accelerate. Changed oil and filter and still same problem. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks on advance

Sounds like your belt drive area, or possibly something clogged up your exhaust too.

Was it sitting for a long time before this?

Welcome to the forums!

Had one person tell me possibly head gasket is cracked and antifreeze is getting in my oil. But I just changed the oil and it wasn't milky at all. Another person said the carb may need cleaned. Does that sound right. I don't know much obviously

Found the culprit (well at least I think so) . Transmission belt was torn to shreds . But would that cause smoke to come out of my exhaust and big motor down when in gear. Looks like transmission has its own exhaust that comes out underneath the tail light. Lemme know what u guys think. Any input is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I am thinking you have your problem solved by replacing the belt. I believe that what you are referring to as an exhaust for the transmission is more of a tubular vent. If that is routed near the actual exhaust, it would appear as though the actual exhaust was smoking, not the vent. I would suggest replacing the belt and go from there, but it sounds like you have it fixed.

Belt is replaced and motor is still smoking very very bad. Pulled spark plug and is all crudded up . Haven't checked compression yet. Have any ideas. Could a seal or ring cause it to smoke.

What color smoke? Burning oil would typically be blue/gray, water would be white and I would normally associate a more black color smoke with running way too rich. If it is burning oil you can usually smell it if ya get your head right down close. Burning oil could very well be rings allowing blowby.

Latest posts

Back