Weak spark checked stator wires

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gookdog69

Reaction score
I checked my stator wires green to brown and I get 322.0 specs say 300.0 is right checked red to white and got 722.25 specs say 500.0 does this mean its bad? Oh it's a 96 warrior

Weak spark, 98% of the time is a bad pulsar coil. Check the main coil as well, could be that.

Are you talking main coil as in the one going to the plug?

Don't have a manual I'm pretty sure the stator is junk since the reading are so out of sack. The coil is new from last owner. All I have coming from the case where the stator is is the green and brown, red and white, and four white wires.

Charging would be for keeping the battery charged correct if so that works fine. Quad will bump start with little effort just barely has spark with starter. Was thinking of putting on pull starter also.

Don't have a manual I'm pretty sure the stator is junk since the reading are so out of sack. The coil is new from last owner. All I have coming from the case where the stator is is the green and brown, red and white, and four white wires.

the 4 white ones are for charging. the red and white are the source coil i believe. and i think the green and brown are the pickup or pulsar coil. the source coil is probably the "source" of your problem... hahaha i'm to damn funny. but anyway i think the source should ohm between 270 and 330 ohms

Thanks for the input I asked my buddy he looked in the manual he has for his and it says the red and white are to be at 500 ohms so mine is shot ordering one tomorrow.

Well today I tried to fire it up moved it alittle bit tried pulling in the clutch lever ad it fired up rode it around about 35-40 mins shut it off fired right back up going to put in new stator and bypass the neutral safety switch to eleminate that being the prob. Stator might be going weak anyway.

Latest posts

Back