weak rear spring

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluethunder86

Reaction score
i ride an 88 warrior now. suspension is all new to me since i had been riding a big red atc. anyway, after riding it about half a dozen times i realized that when i sit on it the rear drops a lot and my right tire is about five inches from the muffler so when i hit bumbs they rub. im about 240 at 6'2 and i dont think this shock has ever been replaced, also the top nut on the shock has about an inch before it is wound all the way down. from what it looks like i dont think the gas cylinder has been changed either. could the gas cylinder being so old and probably empty cause this? what it seems is that what suspension is left the spring is doing all the work. if i was to replace it would buying stock shock and gas cylinder be ok or should i get a more reliable one for my size?

for your weight id replace it with a 2001 Raptor 660 shock... ONLY a 2001 660 shock will work as after 2001 they have an attached reservoir and wont fit.

The ones that will fit look like this...

97-134-large.jpg

the ones that wont look like this...
48-58-large.jpg

i m a heavy rider also. i went with a banshee rear shock and like how it feels. there is a nice write up in the suspension section

Back