Ways to beat z400 in bottom-mid range power?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think it will do you any good for what you want.
Things that will help. Cam and Piston. Open up the air box and exhaust. Jet it. Pray he misses a shift.

Alright, thank you.

Piston, CAM, and port and PoLISH job are next. My air box is open, I have an exhaust, and I also have a 12 tooth sprocket installed.

I dont see why he would need to miss a shift though? If I installed a cam, and a piston, Im sure I can beat or come close to a STOCK z400.

I've raced a stock banshee and I beat him. If he had any mods what so ever he would have smoked me like I was going out of style.

I assume this was in dirt?

Heh, if he knew how to ride that Banshee, he still woulda smoked ya stock.

The trick with the Banshee, when racing 4-strokes, is to start in 2nd gear and feather the clutch.

I cant even tell you how many times I've told people this, and demonstrated it myself, and theyre always surprised, lol.

The 4-stroke is just gonna hook up better from a standing start, long interval between each combustion stroke makes a big difference.

Many Banshee riders are dumbasses... more so than other quad riders in my experience, dunno why. They go into a drag race, start in 1st, rev up and drop the clutch... So for the 1st 2 or 3 seconds, the Banshee its throw'n roost like a weed-eater on crack, and going nowhere quick. Just spin'n the tires.

Well, in that 1st couple of seconds, the 4-stroke is well on its way down the path.... and you know how much a few secs can make.

I watched a newb with a new Banshee get smoked by a mod'd Warrior 4 times in a row, I told him what to do, and he wouldnt have any of it. So I asked if I could race the Warrior with his Banshee, and he agreed... while reminding me I couldnt win.

Cold smoked the Warrior 3 times, no sweat. The kid was like WTF?!?! lol.....

I've raced a stock banshee and I beat him.

Couldn't have been a competent rider at all. Never said the power was smooth bud. Big difference in the power band on the smaller two strokes and bigger ones though. Thats why I asked what yall were comparing to.

"no fun to ride..." hahaha, That says it all.

[quote:0nt35vb3]
I've raced a stock banshee and I beat him.

Couldn't have been a competent rider at all. Never said the power was smooth bud. Big difference in the power band on the smaller two strokes and bigger ones though. Thats why I asked what yall were comparing to.

"no fun to ride..." hahaha, That says it all.[/quote:0nt35vb3]

actually it was on pavement. We raced a couple times. It was like a 8 year old banshee that was completely stock. It was a big fourwheeler ride and we raced a couple times.
You should try driving the yamaha wr500 2 stroke bike I have in the shed. The bars have been replaced about 10 times now from people that think they know how to ride a bike. It will lay your ass out even in the top gears not even trying. Saying it's crazy fast is an understatement.
Personally I find 2 strokes to be no fun where I ride. Just my opinion. Out in the dunes would be a blast with one I think.

i have a edel carb and stage 1 hotcams and a supertrapp exhaust witha ratio 13/40 and mine works pretty good i havn't experienced any problems with the carb if u pump the throttle b4 u hit the starter it primes the engine so you dont need a choke i gained more mid-top by puttin this in though i got some bottom bot not that much

Alright, thank you.

Piston, CAM, and port and PoLISH job are next. My air box is open, I have an exhaust, and I also have a 12 tooth sprocket installed.

I dont see why he would need to miss a shift though? If I installed a cam, and a piston, Im sure I can beat or come close to a STOCK z400.

They are pretty fast bikes and I believe they got around 30hp stock. It's going to be hard to beat one for sure. They got more compression, 50cc bigger, better head/cylinder design/piston, trans shifts smoother and I believe are a little lighter. I hate to say it but these are the facts.

They are pretty fast bikes and I believe they got around 30hp stock. It's going to be hard to beat one for sure. They got more compression, 50cc bigger, better head/cylinder design/piston, trans shifts smoother and I believe are a little lighter. I hate to say it but these are the facts.

+1

yeah beating a Z on low end is pretty difficult but beating them on top end is a pretty easy job my ex girlfriend used to have one with a MBRP powertech 4 exhaust,Uni Filter and jetted by myself.....she was using the stock gearing and that thing only did 67m/h on the radar....i'm pretty sure that with my 16 tooth i can beat is z on 5th gear....it wasn't fast but the best wheelie machine ever :p

Latest posts

Back