water-proofing

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireman69

Reaction score
not sure this is the right place but i does have performanc issues....my 06 drowns out often in water that my wifes 350 grizzly never sputters in, what hoses do i need higher, just the ones attached to the air box, and do they need to be higher or plumbed into the air box.....cuz both times it drowned out, i checked in the airbox and no water.....any suggestions appreciated...thanks

If there's no water, it may be an electrical issue. Try putting a little dielectric grease on the top of the sparkplug then installing the sparkplug boot.

I raised my hoses up to the top of the airbox and have not had any problems with getting water in the carb.

I've heard of guys going through shallow puddles and having thier bikes stall out only to find no water in the air box, they figured out the water hitting the motor created enough steam that the engine breathed in, its enough to stall the machine out cuz it gets trapped under the fuel tank where the airbox sucks it in. Follow up on what Glenn said, make sure the spark plug isnt getting compromised, in fact smear dielectric grease on all the electrical connectors you can. Is your carb vent hose still on, where is it routed to? If your getting water sucked into your carb that'll shut you down too. Good luck man!

I can attest to that happening, especilly when you hit the water will some force , because it throws more water on a larger portion of the motor which causes more steam than easing into the water

Back