washing

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorspeed350

Reaction score
before the bath...(this was the aftermath of saturdays short ride)
000_0218.jpg

000_0219.jpg

000_0220.jpg

and after a long bath

000_0221.jpg

000_0222.jpg

000_0223.jpg

and i put on my 14 tooth sproket before the ride and guess how many good teeth there was on the old sproket....7, 7 good teeth

000_0217.jpg

damn, that's one obliterated sprocket you got there.

You should polish that front bumper, I pulled the ugly dg sticker off mine and spent about an hour and a half on mine last night, and it turned out like chrome, looks 500 times better than it used to.

Before:
front_t2006_2_9_20_50_49_q75_f8_600x400.jpg

After:
polished%20bumper_t2006_5_7_21_16_46_q75_f8_600x450.jpg

And my DG was even kinda banged up from making my own trails, rear ending hondas, and tie down straps rubbing into it, and it still turned out awesome.

damn, that's one obliterated sprocket you got there.

You should polish that front bumper, I pulled the ugly dg sticker off mine and spent about an hour and a half on mine last night, and it turned out like chrome, looks 500 times better than it used to.

Before:
front_t2006_2_9_20_50_49_q75_f8_600x400.jpg

After:
polished%20bumper_t2006_5_7_21_16_46_q75_f8_600x450.jpg

And my DG was even kinda banged up from making my own trails, rear ending hondas, and tie down straps rubbing into it, and it still turned out awesome.

holy shitt!!!!!, how did you do that.....i want one

Mothers Mag & Aluminum polish, some old towels and socks, and a little patience did the trick for me. I did the same with my DG nerfs and PRM grab bar and they turned out just as good, actually better.

that bumper looks awesome after polishing.

have you guys ever tried eagle one never dull wadding polish? thats what i always use. it is in a silver and black can. it is kinda like a bunch of wadded up cotton. you just tear off some and buff away. i used it on deaths t-4 that i bought from him and had excellent results with it.

Man, where's your skid plate armor?? Playing in that much mud with no plates... not good!

Washing looks great though!

Man, where's your skid plate armor?? Playing in that much mud with no plates... not good!

Washing looks great though!

not alot of money and a lot of things wanted is where they are

Not good, but I can understand... have plenty of things I *need* to spend my money on, regardless of where I *want* to spend it.

yeah, skids would be good. it would be a lot cheaper to bite the bullet and buy swingarm and belly skids than to buy a new sprocket, rotor, and engine cases! the wash job looks pretty good though. kinda need to spend some more time on the tires (maybe insides) but they will just get dirty again. you should try this new stuff i got. its made by maxima and its a detailing spray that has silicone in it. if you saw my other thread http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=pictures&action=display&thread=1146870888 you can see how shiny the plastics are after using it. if you get some, just dont use it on your seat! it will make it look good, but makes it slick as ****! looks a lot better than the before pics!

that bumper looks awesome after polishing.

have you guys ever tried eagle one never dull wadding polish? thats what i always use. it is in a silver and black can. it is kinda like a bunch of wadded up cotton. you just tear off some and buff away. i used it on deaths t-4 that i bought from him and had excellent results with it.

Eagle one doesnt even come close to mothers, ive found the eagle one to only be good at removing mothers if i polish to hard and make it dry up.

[quote:vzex4vgv]that bumper looks awesome after polishing.

Eagle one doesnt even come close to mothers, ive found the eagle one to only be good at removing mothers if i polish to hard and make it dry up.[/quote:vzex4vgv]

I agree, Mothers is the only kind of wax or polish that I ever use. I've tried other metal polishes and nothing else was as effortless to use or had results this good.

yeah, skids would be good. it would be a lot cheaper to bite the bullet and buy swingarm and belly skids than to buy a new sprocket, rotor, and engine cases! the wash job looks pretty good though. kinda need to spend some more time on the tires (maybe insides) but they will just get dirty again. you should try this new stuff i got. its made by maxima and its a detailing spray that has silicone in it. if you saw my other thread http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi?board=pictures&action=display&thread=1146870888 you can see how shiny the plastics are after using it. if you get some, just dont use it on your seat! it will make it look good, but makes it slick as ****! looks a lot better than the before pics!

it seems like any wheeler i see with a swing arm skid gets stuck in the mud alot more than one with out one

it seems like any wheeler i see with a swing arm skid gets stuck in the mud alot more than one with out one

yeah, you may lose an inch or two of ground clearance, but if you are going through ruts or mud, just take a little more speed and you will slide over it. thats what i do when i have to go through ruts (if i cant avoid them, which i try to do first). i would rather get stuck in mud or a rut where someone could pull me out (or you could pull yourself out) than get stuck because of a broken sprocket, rotor, or engine case. they are not cheap, so id much rather lose a little ground clearance and watch how/where i ride than shell out that kind of money. also, you can get skids for a fairly good price. just check the web or ebay. they ones on ebay might not be the best, but they will give you some protection. i dont want to push you on this, but it really is a good idea and will save you a lot in the long run. (maybe do some extra chores around the house to get some more money/brownie points? ;D)

Back