Washing an ATV

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudman

Reaction score
hey guys this might sound like a stupid question but im still fairly new to ATV's and just washed mine for the first time the other day. I was wondering if there is any concern that i should have about getting water in places where it shouldn't be along with places that i should get that maybe are off the beaten trail that i could miss. I kept it running this time just in case the electrics messed up or something, i think i just need to hear that it fine and i dont need to worry

Sorry if it sounds dumb but im only 20 aand bought my ATV and dont want to ruin it with some stupid reason

Thanks
Cody

Yea they're pretty much waterproof (have to be), but I wouldn't exactly point a pressure washer at the electrical stuff full blast. You'll be fine.

thanks for the quick answer, but i was just using the hose and a sponge with soap not a pressure washer

Yea, that was my point, anything less than doing that and you'll be fine.

I put a bag over the muffler and wait until the engine is cooled off. I'm not sure if that is necessary, but I've always done it that way.

Latest posts

Back