warrior wont start part 2.. WITH compression test

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dillon14dj

Reaction score
ok guys im done with the games. i just bought the compression tester. and i only want comments that will get this going!. i will do whatever you say then post back once i have done it.

all this is doing is spinning (not having no compression at all). it has a new piston/rings/top end gaskets tho now. it did it before then after i took the flywheel/gear/starter clutch off and reput it back on.. it seemed to have started afterwards. but now it wont (i have read/been told be4 that starter clutches on the warriors do wear out in time). so is there any Chance what-so-ever the clutch my be bad?. making the piston not move when the starter turns aka so theres no compression

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI2bwmnORAc

this was it before hand.. showing it did the same too and the valve was fine then
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPziiP4f5qY

Last edited:
Now drain the oil out and pull the stator cover off if the rotor is spining when you hit the button then the starter clutch is good

Now drain the oil out and pull the stator cover off if the rotor is spining when you hit the button then the starter clutch is good

done! im pretty sure it wasnt this way before.. but that gear behind the flywheel spins 'Right' Really easy! and the inside of the flywheel was all wet (where the stator goes into)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weaeuUoBqGQ

that's how it should be it's working perfect and it's wet cause that whole area is filled with oil at all times

You established when you had the head off that it had a bent valve. No compression confirms it. Now get another head on there and quit messin around with it.

@yam. i know why the inside of the flywheel is wet. (i had it off be4 and when i tried putting the cover back on the stator would pull the fylwheel off.. so i sprayed brake cleaner on it)

@mid. im working on getting a head. but it had no compression when this bike '1st' stopped working too before i rebuilt it. and the valve was not bent then so care to say why there was no compression then? then out of no where when i put it back together there was compression after the 1st few trys to start it. and if you watch the video you would see it doesnt backfire now since i fixed the muffler

and this is my starter.. is it going backwards http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vH7lvhyt4g

It's cuz when the cam bolt came off your valve hit the piston now you have bent get a new head

@yam. i know why the inside of the flywheel is wet. (i had it off be4 and when i tried putting the cover back on the stator would pull the fylwheel off.. so i sprayed brake cleaner on it)

@mid. im working on getting a head. but it had no compression when this bike '1st' stopped working too before i rebuilt it. and the valve was not bent then so care to say why there was no compression then? then out of no where when i put it back together there was compression after the 1st few trys to start it. and if you watch the video you would see it doesnt backfire now since i fixed the muffler

and this is my starter.. is it going backwards http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vH7lvhyt4g
if the stator is pulling the fly wheel off when you put the cover on then you might be missing the key that goes in the shaft which would not allow the piston to go up and down cause the fly wheel is free spinning on the crank shaft which would explain no compression

The first time when you did the piston and rings could have been worn out rings. Could have already had a slightly bent valve. All I can say is you should have done some troubleshooting then instead of just throwing parts at it. A compression test is one of the first things that should be done before any other troubleshooting is done.

As far as the stator pulling the flywheel off, I have fought that. What I do now is before I put the cover back on, I put the spacer/seal piece on and tighten the bolt to seat the flywheel. Once you do that, pull the bolt and the spacer/seal piece then you should be able to put the cover on no problem.

WOW I have never had that problem I can't even pull my flywheel off after the bolt and seal spacer are off weird but then again less efin around for me haha

it had no compression when this bike '1st' stopped working too before i rebuilt it. and the valve was not bent then so care to say why there was no compression then? then out of no where when i put it back together there was compression after the 1st few trys to start it.

With the original cam being fucked up the bolt could have been loose, and the cam gear was just spinning on the shaft(like what happened to you when we told you to replace the cam and you didn't). If that were so, the cam lobes could have been in a slight upward position and caused a valve to open enough to let compression leak out, and the engine only turn over and not start.

Was that cam bolt loose when you took this engine apart this 1st time? Also, take your cam cover off and crank the engine. If the cam spins, you KNOW everything is working properly with the starter, starter clutch, crank, piston, timing chain and so on... Do that, confirm what I just suggested, and you will be left with ONLY one thing to accept... You have a bent valve.

WOW I have never had that problem I can't even pull my flywheel off after the bolt and seal spacer are off weird but then again less efin around for me haha

I'm talking when you are going back together after pulling it off. Thinking back on this, his shouldn't be loose cause I don't think he changed the timing chain. Yet another possible issue that needs looked at. The flywheel should not be loose just pulling the cover off. If you torqued the bolt correctly, you should have to use a puller to get it off. dillon you need to walk away from this project until bones can come help you out.

exactly Midway, Bones is this wargirls only savior
and the flywheel should not be pulling off with just the magnetic power of the stator

@Bones where are we on the intake manifold? have you found out what it would cost to ship it??. mine is now way more worse from all the times taken the carb off and putting it back on (the crack is pretty much alll the way around it now). i just took the head off also (and its staying off till this problem is fixed!.. as from keep taken it off its starting to mess up the new gasket).

here is the latest video. it shows why i cant tighten the starter all the way at the top. also shows everything moving really easy! and the flywheel still making the sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trUia0asqE4

WAIT a sec.......why was the gear behind the flywheel spinning? That is attached to the flywheel, and spins with it! The starter clutch pops out to contact that gear which spinns the flywheel when keeps the spark.

No from your latest video. bolt it all backup. If you re-seated your valve (got a new one) and install a new carb boot, it should be fine. Ready to ride again.

carb boot is on the head i'll be buy'in... unless you buy'in that other one then its 15bucks shipped ... or i could get a shipping quote on the head&boot 50+shipping ....if you wanna have me come down and make it run iam busy this weekend but i am free next weekend if your going to have cash in hand

Back