warrior valves

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are sure your timing is correct? From what you have been describing you have either a timing issue, or a bent valve(s). However, if there is NO play in the rocker arms with the piston at TDC (and the cam lobes facing down) your valves may be adjusted too tight, which will give you the backfiring and difficult starting that you are experiancing.

You are sure your timing is correct? From what you have been describing you have either a timing issue, or a bent valve(s). However, if there is NO play in the rocker arms with the piston at TDC (and the cam lobes facing down) your valves may be adjusted too tight, which will give you the backfiring and difficult starting that you are experiancing.

thanks for the comment check my other tread i just made, its a lil better then this video. and may give you some kind of clue

Just like Pat said & has been said in another post, if the valves are lashed too tight then the cam will hold the valves open, what's the effect? Same as a bent valve, compression bleeds off, now back to square one, check compression, why do we continue to avoid this simple step bro?

Just like Pat said & has been said in another post, if the valves are lashed too tight then the cam will hold the valves open, what's the effect? Same as a bent valve, compression bleeds off, now back to square one, check compression, why do we continue to avoid this simple step bro?

i can only do 1 thing at a time. and i did a compression test when this bike 1st had the problem (someone told me to put my finger over the spark plug hole and the compression should blow my finger off) but due to the fact that it just spins. nothing happens.. what is why i went and replace the piston and stuff.

and now i dont have the 18mm socket anymore so i cant even remove the sparkplug.

You need a compression tester for it to be accurate. Finger over the hole is a last ditch attempt to get a "reading". An actual tester will give you an accurate number in pounds per square inch, of the pressure the piston is able to create when it compresses air&fuel in the combustion chamber.

i can only do 1 thing at a time. and i did a compression test when this bike 1st had the problem (someone told me to put my finger over the spark plug hole and the compression should blow my finger off) but due to the fact that it just spins. nothing happens.. what is why i went and replace the piston and stuff.

and now i dont have the 18mm socket anymore so i cant even remove the sparkplug.

you can only do 1 thing at a time??? well why dont you start WITH what everyone has told you to do? if i see "CHECK COMPRESSION" 1 more time im gonna scream loud enuff for u to freakin hear me!!! does your finger have a ****** guage that measures PSI ??? i now use my fingers to cover my eyes when i read this post. GO GET A COMPRESSION GUAGE AND A 18 MM SOCKET AND DONT POST TILL YOU GOT A ****** READING, NO STORIES, NO VIDEO, NO "THIS IS WHAT I TRYED" JUST 1 NUMBER YOU GET OFF THE GUAGE, GOT IT???????????????????????????? lets see if he gets it guys!!!! a big dick fits in small twat, small dick fits in big twat, a valve only fits in 1 spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:popcorn:

you can only do 1 thing at a time??? well why dont you start WITH what everyone has told you to do? if i see "CHECK COMPRESSION" 1 more time im gonna scream loud enuff for u to freakin hear me!!! does your finger have a ****** guage that measures PSI ??? i now use my fingers to cover my eyes when i read this post. GO GET A COMPRESSION GUAGE AND A 18 MM SOCKET AND DONT POST TILL YOU GOT A ****** READING, NO STORIES, NO VIDEO, NO "THIS IS WHAT I TRYED" JUST 1 NUMBER YOU GET OFF THE GUAGE, GOT IT???????????????????????????? lets see if he gets it guys!!!! a big dick fits in small twat, small dick fits in big twat, a valve only fits in 1 spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:popcorn:

lol the finger over the hole was done awhile ago before i bought any parts at all for the bike. if you want a number give me $70 so i can go buy them 2 things then. and ya i can only do 1 thing at a time.. money doesnt fall from the sky. i spent my last 100 on this camshaft i just got

stop giving us canadians a bad name here and go to part source man they loner tools and can hook you up

stop giving us canadians a bad name here and go to part source man they loner tools and can hook you up

yea bones, even if it was $70 thou he finds it cheaper to replace hundreds of $ in parts over n over n over rather than buy/borrow the proper tools needed, glad to say i didnt raise him!!!!:loco:

Back