warrior valves adjustment, marks not lined up

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucasislight

Reaction score
first time adjusting the valves on the warrior. when i line up the cam sprocket line and the mark on the head, the "t" is not lined up with the mark in the window. if i line up the "t" properly, the sprocket line and head mark arent exactally lined up. i tried to turn the crank one revolution and still not lined up. are they suposed to be EXACTALLY lined up? (which i figure they should be) maybe the cam chain jumped a tooth? any ideas/ suggestions are appreciated.

Mine never quite "exactly" lined up but when I tried moving a tooth on the sprocket it was WAY off.

If the chain jumped a tooth it would be way off. You wouldn't have to question it, it'd be so far off that it wouldn't be running right.

Usually it isn't going to be dead-on perfect, because it's somewhat dependent on the length of your cam chain. A new one is going to be shorter per link than one that's been in there for a while, as they stretch over time just like your drive chain does. It's nothing to worry about.

Back