Warrior suspension

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dte825

Reaction score
Is there a way to adjust the stock shocks on my '03 warrior? The trails I ride are are unmaintained and rough as all hell and it bounces the s*** out of me. I have my tires at about a pound less then the recommended pressure. They are the stock dunlops. I'm new to this so maybe that's just how it is. Could my shocks be shot? Is there a way to soften the ride or will I be giving up something else? I know it's hard to answer without riding the bike and seeing for yourself, but any general advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Chipped teeth

The preload of the front shocks is adjustable. The rear shock's preload and rebound is adjustable. From the factory the shocks come at the softest settings, but if the previous owner tightened them up you might be able to soften it up some. Nothing is going to make them as soft as a good set of shocks though, the stock ones aren't real great. It seems like a lot of guys switch over to stock banshee shocks for the smoother ride.

At the bottom of the spring on your front shocks there is a collar with steps on it, that fit into a peg. The lowest step will be the softest. There are different ways to turn it, but the best i've found is to set the front of the quad off the ground so the wheels aren't touching, and use channel-lock pliers clamped onto the collar to turn it.

Thanks Yama. I'm new to the site so I apologize for not searching this topic first. I must have found your same response 4 0r 5 hundred times. Thanks for taking the time answer yet another newbie's question!

Couldn't a spanner wrench be used? Or just getting the tool from your dealer.

It could be used if you have one. The channel locks work great, at least for the front, and the average person probably isn't going to have a spanner wrench in their toolbox. For the rear it may be helpful, i don't know though, because i never used the spanner wrench or specialized yamaha tool for it.

Back