Warrior starting, running issue...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGL381

Reaction score
Ok i need help....02 Warrior....bought 2 weeks ago...ran good the day i bought it...(go figure)....but not since. It was very hard to start...you had to spin the starter over and over for a couple of min....and when it did finally start, if it ever died or you shut it off, it took as long to re-start.Seemed to be a carb issue so i got a kit and rebuilt the carb...didnt change a thing...When its idling, and you crack the throttle, it just dies....if you ease into the throttle, it does ok..except for cutting out at pre shift RPM...I checked all the basic stuff...fuel, spark, compression....im at wits end....any ideas?????

any mods like exhaust, air filter ect... sounds like the carb isn't set or jetted correctly what does the spark plug look like?

all stock...changed the plug, although the old one looked fine..just a light brown haze covering the center electrode...what i call normal....By the way, i have not re-installed the air box yet for fear i might have to pull the carb back off..Will that cause issues???...the air box was on when all got it with the hard start issue...

yeah put the air box back on and make sure the filter is clean and set the air/fuel screw at 2 turns out and it should be good if it's all stock
did you put the needle clip at the middle slot?

Back