warrior spark help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinsranger

Reaction score
i know this forum is flooded with warrior spark issues, but i have searched and searched, and can't find an answer to my problem, so maybe someone can help point me in the right direction.

my 91 warrior doesnt like to start, sometimes it will, but most time it just cranks and cranks, it has a pretty weak spark. but here is the weird problem that i want to take care of before replacing stators and all. the handle bar switch doesnt do anything, i can crank the motor over with it in the run or off position, and if it does actually start, there is no way of turning it off, the handlebar switch doesnt cut the spark, and the key switch wont shut it off either. anyone encounter this before?

I found a broke wire on my handle bar switch(no intentions to fix) so it does nothing but my key switch still works.

I found a broke wire on my handle bar switch(no intentions to fix) so it does nothing but my key switch still works.

i took apart my handlebar switch, and no wires were broken or frayed. it really sucks to have to pull the spark plug wire off to shut the engine off lol

According to the manual if the key is on then the starter motor will turn over no matter what position the "Engine Stop" is in, which is true as I never use the kill switch so if someone else turns it off I never think to check it

So sounds like your key is on and your Engine Stop switch is effectively in the kill position

The Engine stop switch should have no continuity when in the "Run" position... and when in the "Off" position it connects the Black and white wire to ground(black wire) so sounds like there may be a break in your "Black and White" Wire someplace

Last edited:
According to the manual if the key is on then the starter motor will turn over no matter what position the "Engine Stop" is in, which is true as I never use the kill switch so if someone else turns it off I never think to check it

So sounds like your key is on and your Engine Stop switch is effectively in the kill position

The Engine stop switch should have no continuity when in the "Run" position... and when in the "Off" position it connects the Black and white wire to ground(black wire) so sounds like there may be a break in your "Black and White" Wire someplace

great thanks, i will check it and see if there is a break with the volt meter.

any other idea's? can it be the cdi causing this? or not likely?

Back