warrior oil cooler

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89warrior

Reaction score
Anyone know where i am suppose to drill the holes at on the clutch cover for the cooler? I know i can use the stock 95 big bear set up but i don't want to. If anyone has pic of there oil cooler set up (through clutch cover) Please by all means post them.

check out the tutorials section, both methods are described in detail. The clutch cover method is a few pages into the tutorial, but it's there.

How is it better? they both flow the same amount of oil? The cooled oil still goes through the engine either way it is set up. so how is one better then the other??

They say it's better because if anything happens to it, or for winter riding, you can just switch back to your factory clutch cover, and your not beat out of a useable quad, it's just back to factory specs, not out of commission until the cover is fixxed or replaced. Atleast that's all I can see that would make me choose the adapter, you'll still have your factory cover and able to switch back if you wanted/needed to relatively easily.
~Bill

But you can also just keep a small piece of hose in case something happens to your cooler, you could just put the small hose on there and bypass the cooler altogether. And you could always buy another clutch cover to keep on hand if you are really worried about it

The big bear adapter has a valve, so if a line was kinked the oil would keep on flowing. It's unlikely that an oil line would get kinked if they are ran properly, but if you got a rock or something jammed in there it is possible.

I'd worry the most about damaging the case, that's a pretty penny if you screw it up!!! You could buy a cam adjusting +2 swingarm for the price a new case would cost!!!

What? How the **** am I going to damage the case if all I have to do is drill and tap two holes into the clutch cover? Please explain.

do which ever YOU want to do, i did the cover method bc it was really cheap and not tough to do, if by some odd ass chance you do tear up the cover theres always one on ebay for about 15$. Just follow the instructions off of bluetraxx and youll be just fine.

Latest posts

Back