warrior not starting.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motocrossdad

Reaction score
I need some help with my 2002 warrior.i was riding it today for a few hours and was working fine. i went to take a break and it wouldn't start.i lifted the seat and found the ground cable broke off battery,so i touch it to battery and got quad started.went around the track maybe 2 times and started going down the one hill and it stopped running.I tried to start it and it just made a sound near the starter and wouldn't turn motor.I fixed the connection and put battery on charger and it still would not turn over engine.i had my dad pull me with my other quad and dropped it into 2 gear and just locked up rear tires.i put it in 4th gear and the tires were turning.Did my engine seize up or is it a start problem? any help be great steve

i am still puzzled.i charged battery,checked timing,bench tested and even brought starter to local store and it tested good.i even tried to bump start it with my other quad.it doesn't fire but rather locks up the rear end and drag it on the sidewalk.does this mean I have a tranny problem? or something elso .I am lost at this poin.

For pull starting use a high gear. Prolly at least 5th. You prolly have a bad stator.

Back