warrior not starting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can tell just listening to it there is no compression. You wasted your time putting it back together. My nine year old has more common sense than that.

All I can say is I feel sorry for the poor guy that would buy that from you!!! You can be no one on here will buy it!!

I can tell just listening to it there is no compression. You wasted your time putting it back together. My nine year old has more common sense than that.

All I can say is I feel sorry for the poor guy that would buy that from you!!! You can be no one on here will buy it!!

it sounds the same way it did before i replace the piston, and after i 1st put it back together (then it took a couple trys with giving it gas but it started)

I too would say it has almost no compression by the sound of it, but then it backfired. So it would seem that it was pulling fuel through the carb. I don't understand the backfire, if it won't start, how was your exhaust hot enough to cause that? Or maybe you'd been cranking for a really long time and got your header pipe hot enough to do that.

If it's not a compression issue, and the backfire would indicate that it is also not a fuel issue, I would check for spark. If you have weak spark, it's usually the stator. The stator can be tested using a multimeter. If it's not that, your CDI could be bad. Electrical problems are weird. When a component goes bad, it goes bad very suddenly.

I too would say it has almost no compression by the sound of it, but then it backfired. So it would seem that it was pulling fuel through the carb. I don't understand the backfire, if it won't start, how was your exhaust hot enough to cause that? Or maybe you'd been cranking for a really long time and got your header pipe hot enough to do that.

If it's not a compression issue, and the backfire would indicate that it is also not a fuel issue, I would check for spark. If you have weak spark, it's usually the stator. The stator can be tested using a multimeter. If it's not that, your CDI could be bad. Electrical problems are weird. When a component goes bad, it goes bad very suddenly.

If you have not read his other posts, the issue is due to the cam bolt coming loose. He has a bent exhaust valve which he tried to straighten before this video.

spark should be fine, it has a new sparkplug and coil,

spark plug and coil are not the only things that make spark if the stator or cdi ain't working you won't have spark either

I'll check that for you when I come ... I still need your address .... And do you wanna do it this week end or next week end

Back