Warrior motor mounts??? Need adv.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slow82

Reaction score
I took a link out of my chain today and when I was checking the
tension I noticed to engine was moving about 1/8" or so. :-/
Has anyone changed their motor mounts? Is it a time consuming
procedure (do I have to take the engine completly off)?
Also does anyone know if there are aftermarket mounts avail.?

Any thoughts appreciated, Thanks

No you don't have to take the motor out to change the mounts. You will have to pull the gas tank off to get to the upper mount. No big deal. There is a guy on ebay that sell's home made mounts for like $5, not sure about other aftermarket mounts. I bought them and they did'nt line up perfectly. Never used em. You definately don't want your engine moving around!! Get that thing tightened down @ the 2 rear mounts, one front mount and the upper mount. You can get away without the upper mount.

both my upper mounts had snapped, and it took me maybe an ess than an hour to get it all disasembled in order get to the upper mounts and tigheten the lower ones. Not too confusing to do.

ya i had the same thing happen took about 25 mins to do it and make sure you tighten the lower mounts or it will happen again.

Is it just a rubber bushing? Thanks for the advice so far:)

ya yo taht happens to everyone mine are snapped to i just bought to new ones u can get hem off ebay or a local yammy dealer

ya i had the same thing happen took about 25 mins to do it and make sure you tighten the lower mounts or it will happen again.

Yes, after I took them off I notcied the bottoms where extremely loose, to the point where I thought I might be able to loose my chain from the engine wobbling so much. Thank Welding I & II shop classes, welded those mounts up and have never had trouble since! Also, throw a little loctite on the mounts so they don't come loose unless you want them to.

Weld'd my top mount's back together last year and they havent broken loose since. Anyone have trouble with the rear shock bottle bracket's snapping occasionally? Mine snapps after only a few runs, about ready to take them off and sling them bastard's as far as the eye can see.

Back