Warrior Leaky gasket

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack5tor

Reaction score
Over the past few months the gasket between the cylinder and the crankcase on my '01 warrior has developed a leak that seems to be slowly getting worse. It started as a small oil spot on top of the crankcase but over time (and I don't ride very often or for long) it has gotten a lot bigger, now covering almost the entire top of the crankcase. It never drips and I havent had to add oil or anything. Do you think it needs to be replaced? Ive read that its a pain to fix. Thanks

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-03-07 at 5.47.03 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-03-07 at 5.47.03 PM.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Don't forget to hone the cylinder and rering it, at the minimum. If you want to do it really cheap... get a product called seal-all (advanced auto parts sells it). Clean the area with brake clean and blow dry with compressed air, remove any other stuck on dirt/grit. Put a nice solid bead of the seal-all right on the gasket area. Let it dry and put a second coat on after that. I've seen that stuff work great on gasket areas where the metal surface may have a gouge or defect in it. Just let it dry for a day and see what happens. Worth a shot for the few $ it cost. But, best way is a new gasket.

Thanks, are the yamaha replacement gaskets the most reliable? and how big of a job is it to replace it?

The Yamaha gaskets are good but you'll pay more in the end for them then for cometic. Cometic is also a better gasket than stock. You can get a cometic top end gasket kit w/a wiseco piston for $130-$160. Top ends are not hard to do on warriors. The hardest part is getting the head on if you do it with the engine in the chassis.

Back