warrior is having problems... again!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dillon14dj

Reaction score
let me start this off by saying the last 3-4 times i took it out it was working fine (i always unhook the battery when i put the bike away), i just went to go out.. its been sitting for a day or 2 now, i hooked the battery back up go to start it to fine theres noo power at all!! the fuse seems to be fine i played around with some wires then it ended up having power.

so i went out (took a few vids) it shutted off once but started back up no problem, but then later on the clutch started making a sound?? so i turned around and came home after awhile the clutch stopped the sound, i got home turned the bike off.. waited 2mins and went to see if it would start again, and NOPE theres no power at all

check all you grounds and tighten them .... what kind of sound did the clutch make ? like a metal on metal sound?

just went out in the shed and what do you know theres power now? the lights turn on. and like a squeaking sound when i went to shift down, also seem to have lost a lil power too and when i go to shift up it seems to not go into gear sometimes and the rpm gets high. and like a loud noise from the front of the motor too till i shift up then it goes away (what is a lil wired seeing how the only thing i mostly hear on this bike is the muffler)

brother,,,,,,,,im sure your a good kid.....................but i think its time to move on!!!!!! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,im thinkin BICYCLE.....................IM kinda motor illerate........................but i listen 2 people................a bike got handle bars, a chain. sprockets, seat, frame and there own probs! start all over again, then theses guys will tell you how to hone,port,pollish, etc. im just sayin..........:popcorn:

i going to go with ... there must be parts of your old cam in bottom end pull the clutch cover off and look for metal ... you can use a magnet wand to check in by the trans threw the oil passages

as for the lose of power get a torque wrench and tighten that head down right !!!!

brother,,,,,,,,im sure your a good kid.....................but i think its time to move on!!!!!! ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,im thinkin BICYCLE.....................IM kinda motor illerate........................but i listen 2 people................a bike got handle bars, a chain. sprockets, seat, frame and there own probs! start all over again, then theses guys will tell you how to hone,port,pollish, etc. im just sayin..........:popcorn:

i already have bicycle lol im not lazy i bike everywhere over town, and i plan on moving on i never stick with one quad for long haha thats how i make my money buying and selling. i just dont get this quad unless if its cuz when i was videoing i never changed gears (but then again i wasnt going any faster then what the gear goes)

i going to go with ... there must be parts of your old cam in bottom end pull the clutch cover off and look for metal ... you can use a magnet wand to check in by the trans threw the oil passages

that went thru before man the last thread thing i up in it i said there was metal in the oil/filter. but then cleaned the filter off and put the new oil in (and have drove it 4 times already so far sence i got that head.. nd 2day is the 1st time ever it being like this) there is a small leak still coming from some place nd i ran out of oil so i couldnt top it up

but ill go buy a torque wrench when i get the time and see about tightening the head more then take it back after as im reallly tight on money due to i just bought another car. but ill proly end up replacing the clutch?? ill see how it is once i get the new gear shifter that i ordered

update: just took the body back off, i could only tighten 2 of the head bolts.. the other 2 would not tighten any more, i started the bike bck up and fine smoke is coming out of the muffler??? and theres a lil bit of air coming out of the front Right of the head, so i guess i need another gasket now?

Back