Warrior Headlight Issues.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treefrog169

Reaction score
I just recently installed a pair of 55w lights on my quad. The problem is I use them they work great but if I stop and shut it off it won't start, because it blows the 15amp fuse at the rear of the quad.

What are you guys that have replaced your factory headlights doing about this?

Should I have used 35w bulbs?

Also I wired them both to the low beam side of the switch.

I need to figure out what I should do, any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I could be wrong but I think your not supposed to run that high of output lights in place of the stockers. I think forty something is the max on warriors. I'm not sure how people run the higher powered lights with the high output stator. The only way around it is by running HID lights which use a low amperage but make much more efficient use of it by converting the current to like 60,000 volts. Death had those on his quad before selling it, they kick the **** out of any of the halogens out there (but cost a few hundred). HPS and MH lights for commercial spotlights (like the orange and blue ones on buildings and parking lot poles) use HID setups.

To avoid blowing the fuse you will prolly have to wire the lights through a relay powered and fused from the battery direct. I don't know how the charging system will like that, but its the safest way to rum high current lights off the factory switch.

mine were fine but i dont see a thing for fuzes on the rear of my quad.....mine are 55w but we havnt had any problems besides the battery terminals

I have a set of 55 watt lights instead of the stock lights, and I just wired them up to the high beam side of the switch. I haven't had any problems with blowing fuses or anything else since they were installed.

i just recently bought a set of 55 wat. my uncle has'nt had any problems with his 55's but his is set up to where he only has high beam lights and the low beam turns his fan on. thats the same set up im gona have when ever i get time to hook it up.

I have a set of 55watt headlights. I only blew a fuse once when I went to start the qaud with the lights on. For some reason it blew my fuse under the fender. That was 2 years ago and it hasn't happened since. I also have them wired to the highbeam side of the switch if that helps any. ;D

this is all funny how everyone is going through the head light bis. If I'm right, each bulb is 35 watts. I put a piaa lighting sysytem on that they make for them and they work great. if you can you might just pick up a couple of their bulbs. their h3 bulbs so I'm not sure if they'll fit in whatever lighting system you have. it uses the same wattage but makes it way brighter. I love the piaa lighting system. or just go with some torch lights. your obviously pulling way to much wattage or something.

Back