warrior head

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aubryblaster97

Reaction score
im helping my friend put his warrior back together , is there any simple way to get the head on? and i noticed the 4 bolts that and 2 are different sizes? which ones go where?

I'm taking it the engine is in the chassis. Best way Ive found to do it is slide the head in from the right side. You have to do it with the head nearly touching the down tube that is directly infront of the engine. It'll take some finagling. Once you have the head in the frame and all you have to do is move it backward and set it on the cylinder, put the 2 front bolts in. You'll have to tilt and turn the head to get enough room so the top of the bolts don't hit the frame. You should be able to tilt the head forward, against the town tube, and slid the bolts in from infront of the cross tube the steering stem mounts to. Once you get the front bolts in all you have to do is hold them up and set the head on the cylinder. The rear 2 bolts usually go in without issue. If the bolt heads hit the motor mounts on the frame, gently lift and "jiggle" the head some to get the bolts to drop in. You wont be able to move it much because of the front bolts being in and the locator pins in between the head and cylinder, but there is usually just enough. Try appling hard pressure to the bolt heads 1st and they may drop in. The 2 long bolts go on the left and shorts on the right, if i'm not mistaken. When you look at the head 2 of the bolt holes will be higher than the other. Obviously the higher bolt holes are for the longer bolts. If you want easier pull the bottom end out and install the head on the bench and then reinstall the whole engine.

ok thanks and my other question is, the bolt hole right next to the cam, infront of the steering stem, its blocked off? what could be the problem?

Are you talking about the cylinder head bolt hole? There shouldn't be anything in it. If there is get it out. If your talking about the hole infront and above the cam (at about the 10 oclock position) that is supposed to be blocked. That is where the rocker arm shaft goes in. There is another hole just like it at the 2 oclock position in relation to the cam. You can't readily see it because the camshaft retainer is covering it. Best if you can send a pic.

Then no there shouldn't be anything in there. It may be debris from sitting. Blow some compressed air through it and see if whatever it is comes out. Also is it the left or right bolt hole? I know you said infront of the cam so I assume you're talking about the left. The right front, and rear for that matter, will have dowl/locator pins in them that are hollow so the bolt will pass through.

if your sitting on it, its the front left bolt hole. there seems to be some metal in there

Sounds like the exhaust rocker shaft is not pushed in far enough. The intake shaft has an ear on the plate for the bearing on it to keep it in place. The exhaust shaft is kept from moving by the head bolt.

Back