Warrior for Blaster or 250

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reactant

Reaction score
Lookin to trade the Warrior. I ride all woods, and it's time I tried out a 2T. How different will the Blaster and 250 be? I feel like the Blaster will have enough power for me (230 lbs.). What would have to be done to make the power feel the same? I feel like the Blaster will be better because it's smaller for tight trails and the 250 was made when it was for track. Just think I'm hurting my Warrior by holding the revs up in a range where a 2-smoker would feel at home at. My Warrior has a pipe, jets, a filter, and +1 tooth in front BTW.

I don't know how tall you are, but I would not recommend going from a warrior to a blaster. Those quads are very small, and you will likely feel cramped after sitting on a "full size" quad, like the warrior. My brother has a mojave 250, which is also a smaller frame quad, and I feel very cramped on it when I ride it. That being said, the 250 class two stroke quads (trx250r and lt250r) are monsters for woods racing when set up properly. Honestly though, unless you are racing and plan on ripping it through the trails at full throttle, a four stroke is better for the lower rpm/constant rpm of most casual trail riding.

I can't really find the right gear in the woods, 2 is revving pretty high but 3 isn't torquey enough for me. I don't really do much casual trail riding. It's usually me and a few 250 3-wheelers, so we're ripping. I'm about 5'11"

Well, either add more power to the warrior, or get a faster bike. The 250r quads are faster, but the blaster would be slower.

So a guy has a Blaster with (full hot rods bottom end, exhaust, vforce 4 reeds, new motion pro clutch cable, new swing arm bushings and bearings, new carrier bearings, tusk front bumper, extra rear hubs, extra rear shock, an extra A-Arm, and extra Boyesen Pro series reeds). Says all it needs is rear brake work and said is willing to throw in $400. Is it worth it? Mine has (White Bros exhaust, K&N air filter, 14T JT front sprocket as well as 12T Renthal and stock 13T all in great shape, Renthal bars, almost new rear tires, easy clutch pull mod, direct shifter mod, Jetted accordingly, and comes with extra unused spark plug and oil filter.)

Depends on the year. I wouldn't ride one of the older gen blasters with cable brakes lol. I personally wouldn't trade, but I like my four-stroke and larger framed warrior. If you do trade, ride the blaster first to make sure you like it. It doesn't sound like you would loose any money by trading your warrior for that blaster+$400.

I'm just itching for the feel of a 2-smoker. I'm not really warming up to the smaller frame, but I don't think I'll hate it too much. It's a '95 like mine.

stock for stock Blaster will be faster than the warrior. I know, I have both.
Otherwise the blaster sucks. Too small of a frame, too short of a wheelbase, and too narrow for larger adult riders.

Latest posts

Back