warrior engine stamping

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr5bidder

Reaction score
Hi new here, want to know where are the numbers stamped on the engine, I need to find out what engine year I have.

also from grazing here and craigslist I picked up on some electrical issues with the warrior line.. what is the deal cdi,stator ?

once i figuer the engine year out I will have questions about compatibility with other years

why?... because I need to find a blown up warrior to put this engine into or use pieces from it to fix the blown one

also is a raptor 350 a good choice for this engine or are they too different.?

I currenty have an ad in craigs list looking to trade a rebuilt blaster with hydro brakes for a blown up warrior ..(blaster is too loud for the nieghborhood) plus I would really like reverse and not to have to downshift 3 times to make it up a hill!!

all warrior motors are interchangable, all you have to do is use a stator and flywheel that matches your wiring harness. Raptor 350 motors will work also but they run a different cam and the header is different(not sure if they interchange with warrior header) same aplys with stator ect. The stator need to match harness so it will plug in and some yrs have the magnet on the flywheel in different spot, that's why they should match up

you can use the stator plugs and compair them to different years at rmstaor to narrow down what year the motor may be

thanks so pretty much any warrior I find is a good place to start ehh?

what typicly is the most common things to look for when checking one out?
deal killers?

the numbers stamp on these engine are just part numbers. Only stator plug can give you a rough idea as to what year it is. Then you can easliy turn around and put a new stator in them and run a new harness. The 1st gen warriors have a decomp valve/cover and pull starter.

I have an 04 and all its got is the electric. wish it had a kicker though. Damn thing likes to go dead in the winter for cranking it over so many times.

the BW350 engine is almost identical to the warriors, and it has a kicker and electric. What a cool mod that would make!

Back