Warrior electrical problem. HELP

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warriorfreak99

Reaction score
I have a 2001 warrior 350 and a 99 parts bike and the cases broke on the 2001 motor so i swapped out the bottom end using the 99 cases and trans and the 2001 top end, which i rebuilt during this process. I wired everything up and now the starter wont turn when i hit the button, but it will turn when i cross it up at the solenoid using a screwdriver. I've swapped the wiring harness out the with another, still nothing. i changed out the ignition coil, still nothing. changed out the handlebar switch with all the controls on it and im still dead in the water, any ideas??????

bad connection and or dirty terminals maybe even bad starter
stator would have nothing to do with it not turning over

ALWAYS check your fuse!? If ya haven't try jumping across the solenoid with a screwdriver. If it rolls over that way, probably a fuse. Just my 2 cents (probably worth about that too lol)

i put a new stator in it and it started right up when i crossed it up at the solenoid but the button still isnt working at the handlebars

ALWAYS check your fuse!? If ya haven't try jumping across the solenoid with a screwdriver. If it rolls over that way, probably a fuse. Just my 2 cents (probably worth about that too lol)

X2, I couldn't figure out why mine wouldn't until I found where the fuse was and it was broken in half

Stator was why it wouldn't start but i still have no power at the handlebars, my reverse and neutral lights arent working either

It sounds like your key switch. replace with new, then update us.

you can find a new switch on amazon for less than 10...

It would if it (key switch pigtail) was hot wired to start without turning the key...you should have neutral light as soon as you turn the key, thats why I say that is what I would change out first.

Back