Warrior dying out with quick jab of the throttle

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All warriors are kind of like that because of the shity mikunie btm. Is yours worse than others or just started doing this. If it just started doing it clean your carb because it sounds like a jeting problem.

If it does it when you jam it, and it boggs out in 1st and 2nd, then clean the accelerator pump. It's in the carb, but it's the needle on the side and it has a little rubber boot that will cause the pump needle to stick. 90% on this brotha

Well guys, finally got time to tear the carb apart and check it out.. The accelerator pump slides fine, and doesn't stick, but the bike still bogs when I jab the throttle while sitting at idle.

Take off the airbox boot and look into the throat of the carb while it's running. Do you see a little squirt of gas going towards the engine when you jab the throttle? Mine used to get stuck when it warmed up from the engine heat, when it was cold it worked fine.

Did you clean the throttle pump? When you take the carb off, follow where the throttle cable goes into the side of the carb (behind a little plastic cover). There you will see a little black rubber boot with a metal pin in it. Push it down and see if there is any play in it, I promise that is you proble. adjust the boot (spring) to sit properly, and even shoot some carb cleaner down into it.

this may be a dumb question but do you have the e-brake block off plate or what ever....the emergency brake system is falty... my quad had the same problem...thought it was the carb but if you pull the cable thats replaced by the block off plate on the rear brake caliber it fixes the prob...for a while ::) then you know to get the plate

Latest posts

Back