Warrior Clutch / Shifter / Both Mod

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockgrenade

Reaction score
What's the mod for the warrior clutch/shifter/both? I've seen it scattered in a few different threads and figured we can get it all out on this one. Thanks in advance. :atv:

I bought this shifter and didn't have to modify anything. Plenty of room to put it at any position you want.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230760261275?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
IMAG0307_zps65fba44e.jpg

How much of a difference does it make? Would you say it's better for shifting or it's about the same

Last edited:
ten time better. I would always miss shifts with the stock one and had a hard time getting my boot under the stock one. Plus the lack of slop was worth the money alone.

Shifter is night and day for sure. I love it. However I feel it goes hand in hand with the raptor 350 clutch mod, which I have yet to do. You've got this new shifter that's tight and quick, yet you have a heavy clutch pull. I'm definitely getting the raptor 350 clutch setup going as soon as it's warm enough outside to work on the quad.

I just put a new motion pro clutch cable in and it feels great. Not heavy in any way. I only use 2 fingers when shifting. I don't see how the raptor one can be any better.

The shifter and the raptor clutch parts mod is the top two mods I have done to my warrior

I just put a new motion pro clutch cable in and it feels great. Not heavy in any way. I only use 2 fingers when shifting. I don't see how the raptor one can be any better.

It's my understanding that the raptor setup isn't just a new cable, it changes how the cable is hooked up to the clutch, making it much easier to pull.

It is routed completely different then the stock cable. Uses a bracket that bolts to the unused boss that is in the center cases of the engine. Then it has a new release lever and spring on the clutch release arm. You can pull it with your pinky.

For this shifter mod you just remove the stock shifter assembly and bolt it on?

Back