warrior carb problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fouts01

Reaction score
I have an 2001 Warrior, the bike ran fine and I parked it for about 4 months. I tried to start it and it would just backfire and do crazy stuff like that. I took the carb off cleaned it really good, put an inline fuel filer back on it, put new gas in it, and it is gettin good spark. Now it will start right and idle perfect if the choke is on. It won't take gas, u give it some throttle and it just dies. It won't run at all with the choke off even when it starts gettin warm. I may of mest something up when I took it apart. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated???

Did you take the fuel screw out? (the brass screw at the bottom of the carb towards the front). If you took this out, and screwed it back in all the way when you re-assembled, it's completely cutting out the fuel at idle. That screw is about 2 1/2 turns out stock, try setting it at that if you didn't already.

Yea I read to back it 2 turns out from the seat, I did that. ???

I'm not saying you're an idiot, but the fuel is turned on, right? Sometimes people miss something simple and instantly think something big.

It's definitely not getting fuel for one reason or another. Did you mess with the floats at all? The float valve is very delicate, so it doesn't take much to tweak the float height so that it's barely getting any fuel or none at all.

Thats alright man, I didn't take it like that, yea its on. I opened the drain screw on the bottom it poored out. I didn't mess with the float it moved freely though. Its really got me stumped...... It starts and idles perfect, with the choke on, but soon as u turn the choke off or give it gas it dies... Any other ideas?

Take a close look at the intake manifold for cracks. Check for any possible air leaks between the carb and head. An air leak would also cause it to run lean and the manifolds are known to crack in the middle.

I couldn't find any air leaks anywhere. I think it might have something to do with the floats. If i crack the drains screw it has plenty of gas come out when its not running, when it is running nothing comes out.... I don't know if that right....??

Does anyone know what float height should be at on a stock warrior?

There is a link for the manual download on this site.
That info is in it.
Sounds like a problem in the primary circuit, better clean it again and check the primary jet.
Typically the float height is only an issue for the main circuit because the primary circuit has the jet positioned lower and it usually doesn't starve for fuel unless clogged.

Its been a while since I mest with my 4 wheeler, but i did clean it again. I used carb cleaner spray and a air hose to blow all the ports out. Soon as I got it back together I let it warm up and it ran perfect, it would idle and rev with the choke on or off. After 10 inutes of riding it started acting up again. Now it won't idle or take a part throttle but it will take full throttle. And started acting up all at once. The air mixture screw is 2 turns out. It don't make any sense, like something was unclogged then clogged back up. Both jets were clean and not clogged as well as their ports through out the housing. It has a fuel filter on it. Any more ideas. Thanks for your feedback so far.

Sounds like either it did get something blocked up again, or the float is sticking. I have no other ideas.

My guess would be that the pilot jet keeps getting clogged. That would explain why it won't idle but will work at full throttle.

yea i have a fuel filter on it, it runs like **** with the filter off 2. I just got done painting my car i'm going to tear back into again. thanks for all u'r guys ideas..

Latest posts

Back