Warrior 440 stroker kits

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illville

Reaction score
Hi,
New to the forum as far as posting goes, was wondering if any one on here has links and info on the 440 stroker kits. A friend of mine recently gave me a 95 warrior that a customer abandoned at his shop after dropping it off to have engine work done about 6 years ago and didnt want to pay. He was tired of looking at it and when i told him i had bought one he said i could have if i picked it up so here we are.

The motor already had a 440 kit in it from a previous shop but it had supposedly gone out of business i couldnt get any info.

I will post up pics of the motor components tomorrow, it is disassembled in a couple boxes at the moment.

have a pic of the back of the seat cover dont now if it looks familiar to anyone.

Any helpful info you can give me is appreciated

Last edited:
I think Beastly know something about the 440 kit. Its a bore and stroked engine that for sure. I wonder if it used the bigbear head on it.

You litterly just got this quad? For free? WTF? Why don't I ever get thses types of hook-ups?

What other aftermarket goodies does it have on it? I wonder what cam and piston is in it. Post up some pics when you can. Thanks!

I think Beastly know something about the 440 kit. Its a bore and stroked engine that for sure. I wonder if it used the bigbear head on it.

You litterly just got this quad? For free? WTF? Why don't I ever get thses types of hook-ups?

What other aftermarket goodies does it have on it? I wonder what cam and piston is in it. Post up some pics when you can. Thanks!

Ya, im really new to this stuff so i have no idea what im looking at when it comes to engine internals on a bike besides the basics. It was a great hook up the bike already had a nice set of banshee front shocks on it, a supertrapp exhaust (up for sale) a modded rear swinger (+4 inches) which i am swapping onto my quad. the only thing its missing which i was hoping to get was the carb so i dont know what he was running, but the intake boot between the carb and the head has been bored out.

ill get you guys pics soon :atv:

was working on my quad today but manged to take a couple quick pics of some of the engine parts. From what i can see it looks like a stock piston, modified stock crank, a bored case and stock cam. Worst case scenario i have a bunch of good spare parts. Plus ive already sold of most of the bike and made some decent money, just wanted to see if this motor wa worth putting back together.

Let me know what you know thanks

35mpm6u.jpg

11bj8r5.jpg

21dopio.jpg

33dl0s1.jpg

ofypmw.jpg

1ero5x.jpg

1ero5x.jpg

53l2yp.jpg

qyzm9e.jpg

Looks all stock to me. yet the crank has been re-enforced for some strange reason?

Lol, the sad part is I'm wondering how much the guy charged the previous owner to build this "440" LOL. If its nothing special I'm just gonna keep for spare parts just in case. If I could build it my self I would put it together but its not worth my time at the moment as I'm busy starting a frame off restore on my 62 impala at the moment. As far as measuring stroke what would I do, measure the amount that the main has been offset on the crank? Its definitely been moved as well as the case bored. Sorry for giving everybody blue balls, was hoping for more as well.

I seen now, they shifted the crank up and milled the case down a little bit. But why? What a lazy way to stroke it. I suppose if your going the cheap route. But why then keep the stock bore and cam? weird

measure the top of the rod to its base at the wheel. we can compare that to stock. I would imagine it to be a half inch difference?

my guess is that it had a different top end on it ... at one time ... then was just stuck together and sold

That`s an almost 86 mm piston. Was there a spacer between the cylinder and crankcase ? Can you put up a pic of the side of the piston to see the pin position.

oh as for there not bring a 440 kit out there ... there really is powrolls 430 kit has the options of .5mm and 1mm over bores of the 86mm piston for the kit with a 87mm piston and extra 9.5mm of stroke you get 439.9cc

That`s an almost 86 mm piston. Was there a spacer between the cylinder and crankcase ? Can you put up a pic of the side of the piston to see the pin position.

Yupp yupp, now that you say it, I wasn't lookin at the measurements close enough. Yet that piston does look stock? Whats on the inside of it, any stamping in there? and Stock cam? I vouch for the different head.

got a bunch more pics will post up after i get back from my sons basketball practice. One piston pic

15mh0g7.jpg

Back