warrior 01 carburetor adjustment

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raunchyblount

Reaction score
should you have to mess with all the adjustments or can you just tinker with just one to get it right .ok i know that there is a big adjustment screw with a spring (idle)on the side, and one brass screw adjustment (air/fuel stock all the way in and back 2 turns i think)on the bottom. think there is one more somewhere cant remember where it is since i am not there looking at it.well my question what is the stock adjustments for all of them. just got my hmf pipe (hmf is installed)and it came with a main jet 155(main 155 is installed).took the 145 out and put the 155 in now is bogs when i give it full throttle and back fires.should i change the pilot jet too and adjust the needle .if so could you tell me where to start and witch way to go on the needle up or down. i cleaned the air filter witch is the one that came in it got uni on the way.
thanks for any info you guys give me i am new with the atvs.got my warrior for $275 all i had to do to get it running was a pick up coil ,witch was $42. sorry about the rambling

You should also have to raise needle up a notch or 2. I had to raise mine up all the way. If this doesnt work try a 148 main jet becuase the 155 may be to rich for where your at.

Yea 155 sounds really rich for just a pipe. I wouldn't touch the needle, you won't have to unless the pipe really changes the flow characteristics at mid-throttle. Get a 145, 147.5 and a 150 to try out, then see which one's best.

Took my carb of and today the jet was 125 instead of a 155 and put the 145 back in it. Runs good now just cant seem to get it to idle down. What do i need to do?
If i want the little extra power what do i got to do.I got a uni filter on the way and already have the hmf pipe on the warrior .Really don't have the money for any engine mods right now. I live south Georgia little place called thomaston, just add this because something was said about where i lived. i am trying to give everybody as much information as i can ,so you all can help me. if there is anything i can tell you that would help please let me know. is there any cheap mods i can make for horse power with what i already have.
thanks

For the idle I would adjust the idle screw a bit, rev it up and see where it comes back down to. For some reason mine likes to idle high as well. To check and see how close your jetting is take your quad out and let it warm up and do a few high speed runs and then park it and pull the spark plug. If it is black it is to rich, a whitish color to lean, if it is a tan color it is just right. If to lean I would recamend buying a 147.5 and 150 main jet and try each one and check the plug and see which is better. Hope that makes sense.

Back