Warn 4-2-4 will not switch to 2 wheel drive??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

botlebruiser

Reaction score
I bought my wolverine and it came with a warn 424 system already installed on it. When I first brought it home I could get it to go into 2 wheel drive but now it won't go. When I pull the lever out it won't lock, it just slides right back in. Any ideas? I want to use this as it was a selling point for me on the purchase.

Probably has dirt in the pull lever. Take it apart carefully so the spring doesnt go flying.clean it, use some dry type lube and you should be good.

i had this same problem after many uses, just pull it out with vise grips till it locks and rub some grease while pulling it in and out my works good now after about 15 trips out.

So come to find out, the bracket that stabilizes the actual assembly, not the switch is actually missing and the guy that I bought it from made his own bracket. I'm calling Warn on Monday to see if they will send me one. I think the cable needs to be adjusted and that bracket would help. I never thought to look at that until I noticed it up in the bed of my truck.

Be careful using grease on the lever of the 424. I tried that once and it got all gummed up. I now use a dry teflon lube I found at a bicycle shop. I still have to take it apart and clean it ever so often.

warn 424

Inside the handle that you pull on is a ball bearing that is supposed to "lock" into a groove when you pull it out. That ball bearing may have slipped out of place. You can take the handle apart, just do it carefully or you might lose the ball bearing.

Latest posts

Back