wandering if anyone else has seen this before

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First off thanks to all the responses to my previous thread. It did end up being a bad pick up coil that was testing good.
So I put in a new aftermarket pickup coil and it runs way better as far as power goes but it idles kinda funny and sounds like it is firing weird. It also can be very hard to start at times, andI have heard some horror stories of people busting starter gears, idler gears, and even busting the case where the starter idler gear shaft goes in it.
The stock pick up coil has 4 wires and 2 pickups on it. The new one has only 2 wires and 1 pickup on it (again my bike is an 87). I know the 90 and up warriors come stock with the 2 wire single pickup pick up coil. All the aftermarket ones available are like this but say they work on all years. So has anyone seen this before? Can i swap the flywheel with a newer one and/or the trigger coil. or is this something i will have to deal with?:argh:

Back