vitos key question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take my previous statement back I spoke to soon (spoke before installing). The mod is very noticeable by itself deff feel a power gain on the low end to mid range . If I run smaller tires 20's I think I will feel more power on the low end but all in all easy mod cheap price with a positive outcome .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the anwser, i was hoping for a bit more top end but a power gain is still a power gain no matter were it is in the rev range

How do you set the timing with one? set it on the T and the mark on the cam gear as you usely would correct? This just takes the guessing game out of trying to set your tooth forward a gear or so not useing the key, right?
very good question... how do you guys line it up, when changing cam or chain with vitos on?

Thanks for the anwser, i was hoping for a bit more top end but a power gain is still a power gain no matter were it is in the rev range

Gearing should help that

I put my engine at TDC
Removed the flywheel
Put in new Vito's key
And scribed a new TDC mark on the flywheel.

Is that a must to do when putting in a Vito key??? Or is that just for a tdc mark

That is so you have a TDC mark after the flywheel has been advanced by the Vito's key

Is it still possible to find tdc and mark it after installation of the key and took it for a ride??

....humm, I figured you didn't have to remark for TDC.....

Your advancing the TDC by using the key, so the stock marks should be what you still use in order to get the advancement......right?

if i remember right mine was off just a little after the install but genpat would be able to say better then me

There is no advance on valve timing just ignition timing.
The flywheel is just turned slightly forward on the crankshaft.
So the T and F marks will be off a little

no it does come with instructions. use the factory tdc mark you dont have to move it or anything because if you think about it all your doing is rotating the flywheel a little more so when you use your stock tdc marks its just making it spark a little later.

If you don't use a new mark you chance having your valve timing off by a tooth. That is if you have to change the timing chain or cam. If you don't plan on doing that then install it and ride it.
Read some of the old posts of people having valve timing off just from a stretched chain now add in the fact that the mark on the flywheel just moved 4 more degrees.
All the new mark is doing is giving you indication of where the piston is. Which will be TDC.

WTF!! I bought mine on the 10th, its now the 22nd and no key? Got from paw977_powersports on ebay.

Got mine from them to, 15 days wait , but i live in portugal.

Latest posts

Back