Vheap Parts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reactant

Reaction score
So I broke my clutch lever trying to pry out the cable. Ended up buying an 8-dollar one off of eBay, which got me to thinking...are cheap parts always unacceptable or is there some stuff that has the same quality either way? Like, I would never go cheap on something as important as an engine component, but for a lever? Sure, it may look a little worse and mught have a weird texture/shape or something, but all it is is a piece of metal that has to bear a small amount of weight with the clutch or brake pull. Do companies cheap out on this stuff to the point of significantly lower durability or performance like they do coils or cams?

Whoops, goofed the title! If someone could tell me how to fix it, you'd be greatly appreciated!

Somethings just depend on what you pay for and sometimes you are just paying more for the name brand.

The cheap clutch lever will likely work. However, with cheap parts, it's not uncommon to find improper fitment and poor performance. For example, that cheap clutch lever may not have a clean and smooth operation, as compared to a clutch lever and perch set that has a bearing in the pivot for around $25. Also, especially on ATV's you have to be able to depend on the part. Break a clutch lever 30 miles into the woods, and now you've got a problem.

Takes a lot of $8 to add up to a $75 ASV but they are "unbreakable", guaranteed, anodized, and totally adjustable. I wont even bother mentioning they look pretty snazzy too.

Ahh I remember my days with the cheap clutch lever. One mistake and it'll snap right off. Got me a MSR Raptor Pro setup and no more issues.

The clutch lever pulls a lot more "weight" then you may thing. Ever try moving the clutch release shaft on the engine my hand? Try and you'll understand. Lever is derived from the word "leverage" for a reason, lol. I have an ASV on my ATC350X. Ya never know when you may flip a 3wheeler.

Lol yeah, I've tried. But the metal is really strong in the direction it's pulling weight in. I think the only reason my old lever broke is because I pried in a direction that it wasn't meant to hold in. Is it a possibility that it could break just by pulling it too much?

Lol yeah, I've tried. But the metal is really strong in the direction it's pulling weight in. I think the only reason my old lever broke is because I pried in a direction that it wasn't meant to hold in. Is it a possibility that it could break just by pulling it too much?
I've heard of cheap levers stripping out and letting go of the clutch cable before, so my answer to that would be yes.

Well, I guess I'll try for a more expensive lever & perch next time. Gonna get all the life outta this cheap-o that I can tho!

The clutch lever pulls a lot more "weight" then you may thing. Ever try moving the clutch release shaft on the engine my hand? Try and you'll understand. Lever is derived from the word "leverage" for a reason, lol. I have an ASV on my ATC350X. Ya never know when you may flip a 3wheeler.

Pair of em on my old X too. Shorty lever with bearings is 10x lighter pull than my Warrior clutch. No exaggeration! At least 10 times lighter pull!

Latest posts

Back