Very pleased with new setup!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

'00 WO-YA!

Reaction score
Shenandoah Valley, between the Blue Ridge mountain
Well, here's the story. I wanted a lil bump in power for the summertime & wanted to do a lil maintenance @ the same time. I bought a S1HC & set of rings to re-ring the stock piston, cept when I pulled it apart I found a cracked stock piston.
I couldn't help myself anymore so I bought a new Wiseco piston, honed the cylinder, touched up the ports a lil bit more & reassembled.
The results... Well, I have nothing at all bad to say about the S1HC. I know that the Web .390 is Prolly a better cam but I wanted something simple & budget friendly so I chose the S1HC. The midrange & Topend power is a very nice increase over stock, it just pulls very nice, crisp throttle response & no loss of bottom end power. Initially when I bought this machine I had doubts about the power potential but no more, it became a beast in the trails! I'm sure I could change my sprocket again to a 38 out back & really pick up some Topend & still have ample power for everything else but I'm pretty happy with this! I guess what I'm trying to say is if anyone is thinking of trying this lil combo.... I don't think you'll be disappointed.

hmmm it might be something for me to think about, i wanna do my top end while its outta frame and im completely lost on what to do, so many options. I saw a kit for another motor where they give u everyting piston, jug,gaskets, basically just toss yours aside and put all there **** on n done. like $350 for it, ever seen something like that? if you could post EVERYTHING i need to order id appreciate it, i can see myself not ordering everything i need and gettin pissed. ill need alotta help with this i think, prob start a new post soon, but concentrating on frame n suspension at moment

It Will depend on what some things look like when you take it apart man. Obviously excessively worn stuff Will have to be replaced but to do what I did ya don't need much at all really. Gasket wise, I eliminated the base & just reused the center shim of the head gasket so nothing bought there.
For the S1HC ya reuse stock springs so nothing needed there, if ya get a new cam then you'll need a bearing for it. If ya don't need a bore then a good hone on the stock cylinder & the new Wiseco & you're good to go. I only wish I'd replaced my timing chain while I had mine apart. It really Prolly woulda been worth the extra $40. I may do it next month. Let us know on your build man. My Sig pretty much tells most of my mods.

I went to 14/40 when I got my bike together end of last year. I just swapped in 13/38 2 weeks ago. Much happier now. I still have the 22x11-9's on there and I realyy like the way it feels on the trails and open dirt roads. Just did some hill climbs at Hatfield and it was a total BADASS bike. Matter of fact, a few guys from another group we impressed by the old wardog. Made me happy as a pig in ****!

Heck yeah Pat, you & Weston were the two guys that had influence in me going with the WISECO & S1HC. I really am very pleased & just for giggles I'm thinking of a 39t rear sprocket just to add a lil something extra up top & to let the torque pull it through the gears! One day I'll get the stuff to do a Web .390 just to have a comparison.

Glad you like it. With the 20's on the back of your bike I would do the 39, too. You going to do the 13tooth?

I agree. I wouldn't go with a 38 right off the get with the 14tooth, 39 should feel pretty good. I wish I had the chance to drag race my uncle's 400ex. Yesterday when we went to wash the bikes, he and I pulled out onto the road together and blasted down to the water hose. I doubt it was far enough for me to really get into 6th before I had to let up to pull into the parking lot. We pull in there and my uncle says, "dude, I could have had you if I wasn't holding back, I even gave you a little lead, too." I asked, "what gear were you in?", he replies, "4th", I said, " So was I, and I still have 2 gears left!" (fairly certain I was in 4th, hard to remeber)

Latest posts

Back