venting about carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PLACEMARTY

Reaction score
so i decided to start the rebuild of my carb last night. what a nightmare! the last person to be in this thing stripped the heads off almost every screw. they over tightened the pilot jet, and had it jetted way wrong for this area. needless to say my quick rebuild may take a bit longer than i anticipated. have to find new screws for the carb, inside and out! just reminds me that some people should not be allowed to touch tools.:atv:

If you can get a pair of vise grips on those screws it will help, or cut a slot and use a flat blade screw driver. Yea I have to agree some people should touch a tool or even work any thing.

jets r us has the carb bowl screws I just got a set they are nice stainless steel allen screws alot easier to put in and am sure will be easier to remove them later.

You got that right 00. It's amazing what customers can f**k up on their cars. Worse what other mechanics can f**k up on a customers car. We get our share of "previously hacked" cars roll into our shop. I hate when the customer sees the bill and complains about how much money they already spent on it. And you're like, "well if you didn't have advanced auto try to fix it, or have your brother's friend's aunt's girlfriend's kid look at it, you could have saved x# of $.

Latest posts

Back