Valve tick

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anythingstuff

Reaction score
I am working on a 97 warrior for a friend of mine and he just had a hot cam put in by a professional shop and now the bike ticks alot. Seems to run good. I checked timing and valve lash. The timing marks dont want to line up completely (1/2 tooth off) and valve lash is good. Is there anything we can get or do to get rid of the noise. It is pretty terrible. You think I need to rebuild the head?

Thanks

Nope its normal Hotcams make a racket, any aftermarket cam will.

And the timing marks not lining up is also normal i had the same problem.

My question is, if you know how to check clearneces and timing etc, why in the world would you not put in the cam yourself, its so damn simple, even someone without any experince could do it.

Because the friend of mine did not come to me until after he had the cam put in.

I understand that this is normal but is there ANYTHING I can do to quiet this down. Cause he doesn't like the noise enough that he will put the old cam back in. Let me know if anyone knows any tricks.

I understand that this is normal but is there ANYTHING I can do to quiet this down. Cause he doesn't like the noise enough that he will put the old cam back in. Let me know if anyone knows any tricks.

Run thicker oil and you can adjust the tolerences a little tighter, that would make a little diffrence, not too much though.

what oil is he rining now if hes runing 10w 40 its to thin he needs to run hd30 or something thick thats what i run in mine and it stoped a lot of the thicking in my motor from my cam and also if he aint got the valves ajusted to the specs u got with the cam will make it loud noises

Back