Valve Seals

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorrider13

Reaction score
I'm almost 100% sure that all my blue smoke and oil getting burnt up when I'm warming it up is because the valve seals are worn out. My question is can it harm the engine in any way.???

replace them or it will get worse trust me i had 1/4 in of carbon on my exhaust valve due to that there a pain to replace too unless u have a real small valve spring compresser

How much does it smoke? Mine smokes a bit when I'm warming it up but its more of a white almost steam looking smoke. I thought it was just cause the exhaust gas is hot and the pipe isn't yet. Like when you first start your car in colder weather. I hope I don't need new seals.

If it's steam it'll fade away after it travels a few feet, smoke won't fade away quickly.

you dont need to get new seats installed. You can just have a 3 angle valve job done on it and they you can grind the valves or get new ones and you will be as good as new. It might not just be your seats to. You valve guides being worn will also cause this because the valve is not seating right. You could probly get the valves and seats grinded and new valve guides installed at a shop for like $50 or less.

If your grinding the valves and seats there are no needed parts there and if you adding valve guides they are like $20 for the both of them. Grinding the valves and seats shouldnt take longer than 15-25 min and then it should only take like another 20 or so to put the new guides in, thats only 45min of labor. If your just going to have the seats ground and new valves and guides put in then yes the parts would be over $50, I was just trying to save you
some money.

Ok I was having the same problem as you, Ryan, and I just recently got it fixed. It was the valve seals, the 2 seals cost $7.90, and you will need a top end gasket set, but installing them is another story. If you have a shop do I don't know how much they would charge, but it would probably be about an hour of labor, depending on how fast and experienced the shop is.

Latest posts

Back