Valve problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.E.Warrior97-2001

Reaction score
I have my head off and can put a light under the intake valve and see alittle light through the intake port. I took the valve out and buffed both the valve and the port put it back to together. I can still c light, im guessing this is not normal ?? O-yea when i first took the head off i turned it upside down poured gas atop the valve's, left tit that way for prob 20 mins prob lost haft the gas do I need a valve job or is this normal ???

Yea sounds like a bent valve or a bad valve guide cocking the valve. Either way the head will need a valve job and all components checked.

My luck

Just my luck, Thanx for all the input THis site is the best im in no way a warrior mechanic but I am pretty handy with my hands. With this site backing Im pretty confident doin almost anything on my warrior :slayer:

Any input on valves, seats, good places to send the head ? not much money to blow on this but i wont to have a good head !! Im located in south eastern U.S.A

Any input on valves, seats, good places to send the head ? not much money to blow on this but i wont to have a good head !! Im located in south eastern U.S.A

Call around to some local machine shops. alot of them are able to do valve jobs on motorcycle/atv heads. i always used bruce performance in Jasper, GA.
if your gonna keep the stock cam then the stock springs and retainers should do just fine until you decide to upgrade the rest.

personally if it was mine i'd buy the new valves and a lapper and some lapping compound and seat the new valves to the head myself. but thats just me

Back