valve problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Reaction score
whats up guys? I was out riding my 87 warrior the other night and started hearing ticking real bad( insane bad!!):argh: so I parked it. I woke up to day planing on tearing the hole quad apart to get it ready for powder coating. I decided to look at the valves and the intake valve tappet screw was really loose and the nut was GOON!!!! so a lil looking around i found the nut it was laying next to the valve spring( THANK GOD) I put everything back together and she runs better than ever. im so happy it was not anything major. just thought i would fill you guys in. :atv::slayer:

As soon as I heard the noise I shut her down and started to pray lol

it ******* happened again!!!!!!!! now i cant find the nut!!!! im just going to take the head off (i really dont want to) wish me luck guys:(

someone else was having that same prob of the nut coming off a long while back, you might search and see if you can find the thread and how he stopped it from happening again, i can't remember

any tips you guys could give me would be sweet. i all ready have the valve covers off,seat, tank, plastics,battery unhooked and the cam cover. i think thats it :(

Back