Valve Noise?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got my first warrior on at a estate auction. Honestly don't even know the exact year only got a bill of sale. It has a valve chatter, Ive set them twice, Checked the timing chain tensioner. I still cant get it to stop. Someone said cam bearing?

These engines are known for valve noise. Need to post up a video so we can hear it before throwing suggestions at you.

I had a top end noise also. Turned out the inner camshaft bearing race was gone and the outer was so worn the cam was walking in and out. Pull the cam gear cover and pull the gear twards you and then push in. If it moves at all you need bearings in the head.

it blew apart a few hours ago.. Im tearin it down now to see what it is. I had it up in a wheelie n n cracked on it to bring it back up n somethin let loose. It locked up for a split second n then went free again. Im not sure yet. im thinkin timing chain maybe

No more valve noise..

Attachments

• warrior1.jpg
    warrior1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 38
  • warrior2.jpg
    warrior2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 39
  • warrior3.jpg
    warrior3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 37
Every wiseco crank is a bomb. On no matter what machine it's for. Stay away. Far away.

Back