Urethane compound swinger skid plate

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucasislight

Reaction score
http://www.durablue.com/prods_skidplates.shtml
im in the market for a skidplate and wanted to hear some of your opinions on this one by durablue. it would be great to have a skidplate that doesnt bend. durablue claims it wears better than steel or aluminum, but i am afraid of a good smack cracking a piece off. thanks for your opinions.

idk seems like all it would take was one big rock or stump and itll break in half. get a dg skid cz thats what i got and ive ran over idk how many rocks and stumps and its never bent.

My buddy has a skidplatel like that, and as much as I hate to admit it, it's held up really well.

I wouldn't trust it. There may be a reason nobody else makes them out of urethane (hard plastic). Like Maier's plastic chassis skid.

DG skids suck too. I can post up some pics of what mine looked at after about a year of trail riding. It was trashed.

PRM .250 skids are the only way to go if you want something that's truly indestructible.

...or get a dg, trash it, and then rebuild and reinforce it with tank armor like I did... now it's land-mine safe.

^^^ yamarider is right....the prm .250 is the only way to go.....i live in newhampshire....and the nick name is "the granite state".....lets say i ahve had it on my raptor for 1 1/2 years now and it will prob take another 3 or 4 years before it really is junk.....my 2 cents

i got an um skid and so far it has held up excellently i'd go w/ that if i were you and they're not that expensive

i got an um skid and so far it has held up excellently i'd go w/ that if i were you and they're not that expensive
I have a UM too and went riding in some trecherous mountains with boulders that I thought were ripping my swingarm off, anyway the plate held well and did it's job, didn't bend at all, it's scratched to **** though.

i have a full Dg baja skid plate,a-arm guard and swinger guard and they have been on there since 1997 and i have went over so much **** and its not even dented..there fairly thick too..but thats all i have had so i cant compare it

This is my dg skid after 1 year. Even with 22" tires, so my ground clearance wasn't all that bad.

9850985b41d4ca613e84e0b551c411fb.jpg

dave, i can deal with the scratching, its just gunna happen :D both of my DG's looked like the pic yama posted, never going that route again (DG). the UM and the durablue plastic skid cost about half what the PRM costs, but the PRM has a full .25 inches of toughness. i am leaning toward the durablue hammerforce just out of curiosity, and see how it fares. if it survives one ride it will survive it ALL...what do you think?

[quote:jl343ok3]i got an um skid and so far it has held up excellently i'd go w/ that if i were you and they're not that expensive
I have a UM too and went riding in some trecherous mountains with boulders that I thought were ripping my swingarm off, anyway the plate held well and did it's job, didn't bend at all, it's scratched to **** though.[/quote:jl343ok3]

As with Dave and Phil, I too have the UM. I have 0 Complaints with mine. I've hit god knows what on my trails. Things ranging from rocks, small stumps, to an alternator from some random junked car that some kids wrecked back in my local trails (lol, I swear). But mine is wearing excellently. No Problems...
~Bill

p.s. not sure if your up to par on the decimal conversions on thickness, but .25 is 1/4''. It's a decent thickness, but I do believe our UM's are the same.
-Correction, our UM's are 3/16''

(p.s. not sure if your up to par on the decimal conversions on thickness, but .25 is 1/4''. It's a decent thickness, but I do believe our UM's are the same.
-Correction, our UM's are 3/16'')

math was never my forte in highschool or college, but i do know that .25 is 1/4"...so easy even a caveman could do it.

all i could say is dont do it especially if you ride in the cold, urathane bumpers on cars are verry weak in below 0 weather, i would not trust a little piece of plastic to save my rear end

yah but your rear end scratched and banged up all the time....dont it???...hahahahaha

Back