Upgraded Headlights - Suggestions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with 1200 Lumen each LED headlights on #5 HELLA BRIGHT and they only draw 18 watts half of what the stock lights draw and unbelievably brighter

Either way leds or hids are gonna be better than stock. I am pleased with my hids they was only 35 bucks and a 2 year warranty and I have had no problems at all with them. 100% plug n play. A lot of people like them a lot don't, After watching a lot of videos on youtube of Yamaha raptor/YFZ hids I decided to go with the xentecs. They have various kelvins to choose from. And a lot cheaper than the speed industries kit.

Either way leds or hids are gonna be better than stock. I am pleased with my hids they was only 35 bucks and a 2 year warranty and I have had no problems at all with them. 100% plug n play. A lot of people like them a lot don't, After watching a lot of videos on youtube of Yamaha raptor/YFZ hids I decided to go with the xentecs. They have various kelvins to choose from. And a lot cheaper than the speed industries kit.
only $35 you have a link for a set for a 02 warrior

Im not the best on computers but I can tell you how to find them. On ebay type in Yamaha Raptor HIDs. About half way down the first page they will be 4 to 5 Xentec kits from 30 to 35 bucks. If your quad uses a H6M bulb you are set up, Also these are slim line ballists for easier mounting and all hardware included. Beware of the Star Rotors kits They are Xentec kits they sale for 50 bucks my cousin bought them for his YFZ and they was identical to mine. we contacted them and they offered a refund but we went ahead and kept them. If your curious about the kelvin options click on the star rotors kit and that's the colors you can choose from. Sorry about all the confusion.

I been thinking about fitting a pair of yfz450 lights up under the front fenders on #5 so if it happens I'll be doing the HID set up
just gotta find a complete pair for a good price lol

That would look badass, I like different. And the radiator shrouds you came up with are awesome. You and Jeff have some very sweet quads. A guy on bluetraxx along time ago was making sets of shrouds sorta like the OMF ones but this was years ago.

haha different is what I'm shooting for with #5 I want it to stand out from all the other warriors

so who would you suggest then?

Realistically you'll be fine with DDM, I was I believe a rare exception. I was putting it out there because they deserved it the way they treated me. So that being said, I have a Morimoto / DDM hybrid setup now, and if I had any more trouble I'd go full Morimoto. This setup is now on my 4Runner as a daily driver. Morimoto is an automotive OEM for some German brands as I recall. Not the only option by any means, but a good one.

cool well the warranty has me hooked with them. maybe ill call them up and order them over the phone. then ill have some sort of idea how customer service is. cant be all that bad i mean they have three locations in CA. im not buying from china so thats a plus. idk maybe ill go with those ebay ones. if i dont have any issues in 2 years then i should be fine.

ooh i like those. i was considering some 2x18w ledshttp://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-18w-LED-Work-UTV-ATV-4X4-off-road-Light-fog-driving-roof-bar-side-x-cree-chip/231049517443?_trksid=p2047675.m1985&_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D13%26meid%3D1229795151073952861%26pid%3D100012%26prg%3D1014%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D230975884790%26 from ebay if i didn't go with hid but those are better and for relatively the same price. some would argue that hid still has the distance onver led but i just like how vivid everything is under an led

interesting glare on that second picture. for a second there i thought you had two sets. well if you get the 27w for like $5 more sounds like a good deal to me. one of these days im going to upgrade my lights.

gotta get some pics on a trail man. even the stock ones can light up a garage. i want to see the distance on em.

Oh nice someone else reveals they have em!

These are JUST what I was looking for. Did the grinding, drilling required tonight to get them mechanically mounted with plenty of adjustment room. Will spray paint the shroud and wire them up hopefully this weekend.

I'm excited!

Back